Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
blackmonster
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys how much reliable HP can you get on a new 6.4 motor with a good tune, DPF, air intake, intercooler, Suncoast tranny and converter. But reliable as in daily driver and putting #50,000 to #75,000 thousand miles on it?? I want it to last 4 to 5 years. I would go with a on the fly tuner. So i can run street when i want and if i want to go fast i can just tap and be in extreme. But looking for numbers that are safe for the truck. Not so high that i have to get new head gaskets or other stock parts are going to go.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, without doing fuel or turbos, i would say 500 ish. As was said earlier, dont really need the tranny till you make more power, unless you drive it like you stole it every day. I would do head studs, ans while you have it apart, look into batmowheels. MDP is getting a few more ponies, and 100 more torque than on stock wheels. And prolong the life of your trans with a Suncoast Torque Converter. That is the weak link of our trans anyhow. and 1300 vs. 5,000 for new trans a TC....

·
blackmonster
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have a sun coast tranny and converter from my old build. So sounds like a safe truck would have around 500 to 550 HP?? And that is with a air intake and huge intercooler?? I don,t want to do anything to the motor! But i guess if the cab is up why not do H-11 studs. Sounds Good 500 -550HP But reliable HP that will not brake down every 1,000 miles. Something to think about.
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
if you are talking about your lifted flat black harley truck you should give the whole story when asking questions.......

you are forgetting to mention that you have 40 inch tires and a truck that I would bet weighs every bit of 10K.

With that kind of weight, you gotta watch the gauges and have restraint.

·
blackmonster
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i am talking about the big black truck. So with it being lifted and 37" tires now. The 40" tires are off and have bin off for months. And yes it is around 10,000 pounds. What kind of engine life and HP should i get with DPF, air- intake, intercooler, and a nice mild tune??
I just want it to be more reliable and less HP if i have to.
I had a 2006 6.0 harly truck before.This truck had a Fab Teck "8 lift 40" tires, with air intake and a Edge on the fly tuner. It lasted 3 years and had 45,000 miles on it before i blew the head gaskets! I would drive around in extreme most of the time! EGT would be at 1,200 tops when beating on it. I would let off when i would hit 1,200 egt. But it did last a long time before the gaskets went!!
So whats a good Hp that i could get with the new 6.4 with the mods i have DPF, air in take, Intercooler, and a tune??? And i would always watch the egt temps!!

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Intercooler is not needed. Dpf on your gonna make less power. Just do the basic mods, sb intake, tuner, and turbo back exhaust. Run the tuner on a simple tow tune that still has the factory safeties built in and with that you can forget about stuff and just drive.

Why you asking about this when you have a fully built engine with huge turbos?

·
blackmonster
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rather not get into it on the net. But trying to make some better choices this time around. I was thinking of buying another truck. Doing a smaller lift. Like the Fab Teck 8" lift i had before. I had that lift up front with the Deaver soft ride leaf springs in the rear. On my 2006. It rode very soft and nice. Zero bump steer. The lift i have now is good and rides good also with zero bump steer. But it is just to big to drive every day!! Plus the cops bust my balls all the time with PA bumper law of 28" front and 30" rear. It just is not a good truck to drive a lot. If i get a new truck. I was thinking of something more reliable on the motor side with faster spool time off the bottom end. And good HP. But Hp that will keep my new motor healthy!! And something that moves when you hit the gas when the light turns green not have to sit there for 5 seconds until it builds boost!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts