Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 f350 with the 6.4 in it. It had a hole in one piston and two melted pistons. After rebuilding the engine and putting it back in it cranks super slow even with jumper cables hooked up to it. It had 9 DTC's in it after first hooking everything up and trying it. u3f06 that showed up twice. a c3472 and the glow plug circuit codes for cylinders 1 through 4. After messing with it awhile it seems as though most of the air is bled out of the fuel but now when I turn the key on and the fuel pump runs all of the gauges move back and forth really fast at their low ends until the fuel pump stops and when I got to crank it now there is no crank at all. Any help would be appreciated I am about ready to see what kind of accidental fire insurance is on the garage lol. by the way it does have a programmer on it and the DPF delete as well as an egr delete. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We believe the factory cast aluminum pistons couldn't handle the heat from the tuner or maybe a bad injector. It has 113,000 miles on it. The egr and dpf deletes were done at 99,000 miles. The tuner was also added when the deletes were done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would check all the power and ground cables

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got back to work on the truck this past week and found the problem to be in the ground cable on the passenger side. Removed it and cleaned it. No more start problems. IT runs great after the rebuild the only problem now is p0266 code for the no.2 cylinder contribution imbalance fault and sometimes a cylinder 2 misfire. With my Verus I get a reading of somewhere around negative 20 to 34 on average. I am guessing this is what caused the engine failure in the beginning. Anybody think those numbers could be simply a wiring problem or injector failure. I think it has to be injector failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts