Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
That is what she said!

Im betting that thoughs two links are far stronger than the single 3/4 bolt that holds the stock radius arm in place...
\

you would be surprised... Those tractor joints always have play in them. The threads don't hold up. There make a lot of noise. They really bring the suck for suspension. I would consider a 3/4 hiem stronger.

Nice build. hope to see some videos.

Them tractor top links are crap. I bet they will have a ton of slop in them by 5000 miles. Im not trying to be a dick but they are not well suited for a four link on our heav ass diesels. They should have used a tradtional rebuildable heim joint and be done with it. I built a set of traction bars out of tractor toplinks and after 10k miles the jointer were shot. Theirs a reason you can get a toplink for 20 bucks and a 3/4 heims by itself with misaligment spacers cost more than that. I am curious to see how this truck preforms.

Is the customer really using cheap ass tractor 3 point hitch bars on a build of this caliber. I Really hope they are for mock up only.
For a competition only rig, why not pay for 3 point center link stuff?? If it was going to see a bunch of road time, sure, I would buy the good quality stuff, but for what he's going for, it makes no sense. 3 point center links will work perfectly fine for what he's doing... I know many sled pullers who have 3 point 3rd links for traction bars, even one of them took 6th last year at Sheids in the 2.8 class...

if its a dedicated pulled disragaurd my statements. I still dont like them but if it doesnt see the street it should matter.

awesome rudy...cant wait to see this thing pull around the area

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.