Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to buy a second truck for my business doing long haul boat transport. I have an 02 F550 7.3 now and I love the truck..............more to the point I TRUST the truck. I had been looking at a couple different '10 F450's but then started reading about rocker arm problems, stuck lifters, broken pistons, etc. So I know about oil growth, DPF, and fuel system problems with the 6.4's but hadnt heard much about other problems until recently. If I got a 6.4 truck I would plan to do a DPF delete, change the oil every 5k, and change to fuel filters every 5k also to be safe. I could put 70k+ miles per year on this truck.............most of it towing 12k+ lbs 1500 to 2000 miles at a time. Are these engine not up to the job of heavy hauling and lots of mileage?

I started thinking I'd be better getting a 6.0 truck and do the studs, gaskets, EGR delete, and oil cooler. From what I've been hearing I'd have more confidence in that than a 6.4 if this stuff is true. I'd really like to get another 7.3 truck but finding a 7.3 550 crew cab Lariat like I have now is not easy.............never mind finding one in good shape without a million miles.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
The goverment goodies ruin any motor....just do the deletes and start crankin some miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts