Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you out there have had issues with oil leaks? I just got my truck back from the dealer and had the first free oil change done and when I got home I noticed oil on front of the transmission bell housing accumulating.I had not seen any oil previously a week a go or so when I was under neath it. I pulled out the rubber plug on the transmission and felt inside and no oil was felt.So I am hoping that it was oil splashed up on it or something since I don't see any oil leaking from above and down and around anywhere. I am hoping its not a high psi oil pump issue already with just 2,400 miles..

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had an oil leak on my truck a while back, it was just the drain plug leaking thou. I did notice if it was splashing around thou. Hope it's just something simple like mine was!!

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Yeah my oil leaks come from up top and run down the side and then make it look like the rear main or something, you might check the turbo drains... thats where mine leaks if it does, but thats self induced.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd check the drain plug. You are supposed to change the copper washer with the oil. Mine dripped and I tightened up the plug and it stopped.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Take it back to the dealer, for the oil leak. I had the free oil changes and never checked the bottom of the truck for a year and a half, when I did it myself. I found that there was an oil leak and I was out of the 1 year first 12000 miles of my states lemon law. I took it in for the leak and it turned into a major cluster. My truck still has an oil leak. It would of been allot easier if I had caught it before the first year, and I would of had a leg to stand on for a buyback, or something.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far it has not returned after I wiped it all clean at the bottom of the bell housing. I used to look at that area quite abit after having 3 6.0's and oil accumalation was a common site in that area. I am hoping it was just splashed up on it or ran down from above. We all know that all techs are not created equal and some actually take pride in their work,even on a oil change.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
wait...you got a free oil change from the dealer? LOL

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
I think my dads 08 had leaking valve cover gaskets, or something like that, we noticed oil in the wheel well, i never looked under the truck though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts