Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
My bosses KR f250 is a 06/07 6.4L... I always rag on him that his is technically a 2007, but mine is supposed to be a job 1 by build date, I have the short valance, but no external trans filter. Could my truck just have had left of job 1 pieces, like I was a build during the change over to a job 2?

·
Registered
649 Posts
06=June, i.e June 2007 build date...

·
Registered
649 Posts
It was built June of 2007.... July would have made it an 08, technically anything post July is the next model year

·
Registered
327 Posts
can anybody tell me where the list of vin numbers can be found for the trucks that have the injector issues?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first post! :p

This is very interesting , I just totaled my 2003 F250(RIP I loved this truck still purring with 169k on it! ) with the 7.3 liter powerstroke .

So was forced to go newer in order to finance at a low rate and put truck in my business name.

Picked up a 2008 F250 xl Super duty crew cab 4x4 with 96k miles on it but it has the early model 6.4 and i wanted to know how they are holding up and what to look for as far as service nightmares or regular issues to watch out for..

also how do they compare on gas mileage to the older models?

After reading this thread i see my door ID says 3/08 as build date so what gen do you think it is? more then likely a 3rd?

Weird thing though either the digital gauge in dash has been replaced or engine because the truck has 97k miles on it but the self diagnostic says the truck engine hours as 2706 right now, what does that mean?

So far Ive discovered the 2008 with 6.4 ltr takes 15 quarts of rotella and a 40 dollar filter( like the top engine filter, makes maintenance less messy for sure) just for the engine oil!! it has two fuel/water filters/separators and a huge air filter, which i just put in a lifetime cleanable K&N type for better airflow but also wont have to replace for along long time..

Gas mileage does suck so far but i run it hard 10mpg is realistic is avg but hoping to squeeze 12 out of it maybe moire if i decide to re-chip it with recommendations from my mechanic.

any recommendations from you guys?

thanks in advance..

·
eshpile
144 Posts
do a DPF delete and chip it you should see a 50% increase, i would not be surprised if you have a new engine rumor has if you get a good 6.4 keep it but they are starting to see problems with the 6.4 good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
do a DPF delete and chip it you should see a 50% increase, i would not be surprised if you have a new engine rumor has if you get a good 6.4 keep it but they are starting to see problems with the 6.4 good luck
thanks for the reply,

I got a quote from my mechanic for 1200 bucks for an H&S tuner w/ dpf delete done .. that is without the on the fly tuner and extra 300 for the next up tuner with on the fly tuning..

what do you think?

I guess i can find out if the engines been replaced by doing a VIN or car fax search?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also the second batch of 08 had the steering stabilizer. Jeff I updated yesterday and still no reverse. Hoping brake light on cab fixes it. I will let mick know what's up.

·
Always Smooth
225 Posts
Can you tell the job number from the VIN? ie the last few digits are unique to the truck and are sequential at that point. You would think from a certain number or higher would denote job 3?

Obviously looking in the door jam is easiest, but when you're internet searching all you get are VINs. :)

·
Always Smooth
225 Posts
It sounds like Jobs 2 and Jobs 3 of the 2008 models aren't too much different from each other. Any reason to make sure I get the Job 3 instead of a Job 2?

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
mines an job 3 build yet my valve cover stickers are blue, any definite answer on the orange or blue stickers on the valve covers?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a 08 6.4 how do i tell wuts wut?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If I were looking at a 2009 F350, what build date should I be looking for to ensure I encounter the lowest number of problems with a 130k+ mile truck?
The F450s were stated as having less powerful engines, however if tuning is done could I expect to be able to compete with a F350 with the same mods?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts