Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be appreciated.

I have 1500 miles on a complete rebuild of my truck. 200k on the body, but HPFP, injectors, turbos, engine, etc were all just replaced.

Yesterday all was good all day. Stopped at a store, shut it off, and when I came out, it cranked over (very fast) and would not start. Got truck towed home, checked fuses, a couple simple things, and then after attempting cranking over a couple times it fired up. Shut it off and re-started it a bunch of times everything was ok.

Today went to work, all good. Then made one stop at home and truck did the same thing. At least it's in my driveway this time, but I need to get this figured out ...

• Tach is reading as it is cranking
  • ICP on mini maxx reads 7.0 - 7.4 while cranking
  • I can hear the low pressure fuel pump running
  • Seems to turn over very fast, like there is no compression. but it ran fine until parked.
  • Full tank of fresh fuel
  • Only code on tuner is P0703 brake switch B circuit. I did just replace the booster, so might be left over from that.
  • Just replaced Low pressure fuel module trying to figure this out.
  • Dipstick does not smell like fuel

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Here is a video of what it is doing...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Any help would be appreciated.

I have 1500 miles on a complete rebuild of my truck. 200k on the body, but HPFP, injectors, turbos, engine, etc were all just replaced.

Yesterday all was good all day. Stopped at a store, shut it off, and when I came out, it cranked over (very fast) and would not start. Got truck towed home, checked fuses, a couple simple things, and then after attempting cranking over a couple times it fired up. Shut it off and re-started it a bunch of times everything was ok.

Today went to work, all good. Then made one stop at home and truck did the same thing. At least it's in my driveway this time, but I need to get this figured out ...

• Tach is reading as it is cranking
  • ICP on mini maxx reads 7.0 - 7.4 while cranking
  • I can hear the low pressure fuel pump running
  • Seems to turn over very fast, like there is no compression. but it ran fine until parked.
  • Full tank of fresh fuel
  • Only code on tuner is P0703 brake switch B circuit. I did just replace the booster, so might be left over from that.
  • Just replaced Low pressure fuel module trying to figure this out.
  • Dipstick does not smell like fuel
Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Here is a video of what it is doing...

try replacing the brake switch down under the dash that’s connected right to the brake pedal. Small square shaped plastic piece that has a pin the runs through it and the pedal arm, fairly cheap if I remember correctly (around $30)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think that could be the cause of the no-start condition? I did bring it to a shop to try and diagnose the issue. They were unable to find something.

I bought into a forscan setup so next time it dies I can try to scan and log what it's doing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts