Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in a different section and got little feedback. My 2010 f-350 was geting 11.5-12.4mg for the last 25k mile...since new. Now, the last three fill ups were 15.8, 16.1 and15.6.....any ideas why? All hand calculated and no question it isnt done correctly. Is it just finally breaking in? Runs perfect, zero issues, stock tires, no mods or changes. I love it but wonder were a 40% increase is coming from.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dont ask too many questions. It might stop getting that mileage.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
is it still doing the regin's?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It regens rather infrequently, at least i dont notice when it does. On par for another 16+ mpg this week. Again, runs perfect, like new, good power, smooth. Going with its just breaking in

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15.5 mpg this tank. Talked with service adv. and he hadn't a clue why this was happening. Nothing to do with brak in evidetly.

·
nomorespark
12 Posts
Serv. avd. is an idiot...my 09 did the same thing until about 20k...my cousins 10 has 6500mi and he is down in the 10-12 range, bet when he gets up there it goes up as well.

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
That would be normal I think if you did a lot of highway driving. My highway is about 15-16, and in town average is 13-13.5 summer and 10.5- 11.5 winter. Got 28k on it, running synthetic on stock tire height. If this is town mileage for you, then I can only hope mine has yet to break in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be on the lookout for the winter/summer fuel blend and also pay close attention to the pumps where you fill up. I've seen the Sunoco stations where I live (Charleston, SC) are sneaking "up to 5% biodiesel" in all their diesel tanks. This may affect your mileage too!

But like they said, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts