Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what the 6.4 lift pump fuel pressure runs at?

Thanks

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
i believe the pump supplies the filter base with 10 psi of fuel, but the fuel filter base regulates the fuel pressure clear down to 2.5 psi of fuel pressure.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe the pump supplies the filter base with 10 psi of fuel, but the fuel filter base regulates the fuel pressure clear down to 2.5 psi of fuel pressure.
Wow doesnt seem to leave a lot of room for a dirty filter. Does that mean the filter has a bypass.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow doesnt seem to leave a lot of room for a dirty filter. Does that mean the filter has a bypass.
I think it does, that's why some people have had booboo's:eek: So, did you get an air dog?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it does, that's why some people have had booboo's:eek: So, did you get an air dog?
I had mine from my much beloved 03 7.3. I snatched it off before the insurance company could take it. However, I need to get new fittings and hose. Most of which I've got ordered. I think I'm going to set up a low pressure warning light for it. It would be nicer if it had a clear bottom on the seperator and a warning light for water detection also. :bowfast:

What about you?

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
im pretty sure the factory filters will plug till the thing wont run anymore, they dont want ANYTHING touching the injection pump or the injectors. Its more about flow than pressure, common rail pumps just need positive flow to the pump, as long as its above 1 psi, and not pulling a vacuum your alright.

·
Registered
521 Posts
No, not yet.I just got the cold side pipe and the blow off valve so I have to save a little more....There was a thread here somewhere that the guy had his hpfp grenade and it was from bad fuel..I guess it would have had to bypass??..
It's farther down on this page.."You wouldn't believe this"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts