Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from thangsgiving trip and hand calculated 14 mpg on the highway. Mostly running 75 to 80. I have a 08 6.4 with 5 inch exhaust afe air filyer and kem 345 tune. I also have a 6 inch lift with 35 12.50 20 tires. This seems a little low but is what i came up with. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
If he has the 345 tune he has a Dpf delete,No more emissions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am completely deleted and thought my mileage would increase with the big tune. That is why I am stumpped. I was just trying to see what everyone else was getting. Espeacially with a lifted truck. I thought I would be around 16.5 on the highway at least.

Taylor

·
Registered
521 Posts
What were your RPM's?? Where did you fuel up?(northern fuel?) I think alot of it has to do with fuel quality because I've seen as much as 4 mpg between tanks in the same driving cond...All hand calc..Do you run any cetane booster or anything like that? Cant remember were I read it but ford has a cetane min. that is "needed" in these trucks and by the additive test thats floating around here somewhere(they tested the fuel prior and other fuel tests I've read)all the fuel was 5 to 10 points lower. If it makes you feel any better the pic of my avatar weighed 39,000 and I got 6.5 mpg!!! Mods are in my sig.. I did drift behind an 18 wheeler empty doing 2000 rpm(62 or 63) and got 17 mpg but that was once!!It's usually 11.5 to 14 empty.Sorry for the long wind and hope this helps a little

·
1,097 Posts
Let's see...
4x4
Automatic
Lift
Big tires
Open bed
CC

For as much as you have going against you 14 is about par.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driver information center in mine reads 22.5 right now with intake exhuast and sct innovative tunes. still only getting around 400 miles out of a tank though. it's an 08 CC SB now other mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts