Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well ive been looking at lots of 6.4 threads and still really havent found exactly what i want.. My dad has a 2008 6.4 and of course he hates the mileage. And i gotta hlp him out lol. want the pickup to get better mileage and still beable to pass inspection, no complaints about power just mileage.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its his work pickup so it has a heavy CM bed on it Packed with tools lol so it definitely needs better mileage!

·
Registered
429 Posts
It won't get any better with the dpf in, but if take the dpf out it will void warranty. Not to sure what else to tell you, i use my truck for work as well and the only way i got better mileage was to remove the dpf and tune the truck. I guess driving habits are the only way to get better mileage with the dpf still in the truck.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well i believe his pickup is now out of warranty anyways all he is worried abt is passing inspection ya know cuz he cant do without his work pickup lol. but guess that may be the only option then. so does the dpf delete just mean you cut it out and have a pipe ther or do you replace it with some special piece?

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok 10-4. Really appreciate the help. like i said i know next to nothing abt the 6.4s.. now throw a 7.3 at me and i hav a tad more knowledge lol.. but thanks man

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw what kind of mileage are you seeing on avg??

·
Registered
429 Posts
btw what kind of mileage are you seeing on avg??
Well with 2 quads loaded on my truck, i see 14-16mpg. Running light i've seen 21mpg, thats highway and hand calc'd. I run Eric's(Innovative Diesel) street tune of a daily driver, good mileage and it still put 420+ hp to the ground!!

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if i wanted to run "Eric's" tunes would it be better to buy from innovative diesel? And which do you think is better SCT tuner or Spartan tuner??

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got mine threw Rudy's, but ether or, it's the same tuner. Aaron at Rudy's is awesome to deal with, he shipped mine to Canada for free!! As for your second question......that's a tough call!! Both tunes are great, i've never used the Spartan but everyone who has them loves them. If your looking for good gauges the dash daq that Spartan uses is super good! But if your looking for a cheaper tuner the SCT Livewire(with Eric's tunes) is the best band for your buck!! You could even get the new SCT Touch Screen Extreme with Eric's tunes,from want i hear it is close to the dash daq, its more money thou!!

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what i gather it costs extra to get Eric's tunes if you buy from dpf delete place and if you buy from diesel innovations it doesnt cost any extra for Eric's tunes. Thanks for the help im tryin to learn as much as possible about this dpf delete and tuner on a 6.4.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And this isnt going to give the stock tranny a hard time is it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
And this isnt going to give the stock tranny a hard time is it?
Nope, these tranny's are good till like 550hp. I wouldn't run the race tune everyday, but the tow and street tunes will be just fine. If i didn't use my truck for work, just as a daily driver i might even use the extreme street tune everyday. It dose shift the tranny harder that stock, but nothing it can't handle.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks, and wont have to worry about bein in race tune a whole lot its my dads work pickup lol. although it gets put through the test in other ways, and like a ford..it holds up.. its one stout pickup in my opinion (for stock) cant wait to get a tune on it. been wanting him to get one on since he bought it, but i think he is coming around now;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well good luck, it will pay off on mileage for sure!!!!!

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im hoping for a lucky big mpg gain. Thanks for all the help and answering my questions!

·
Registered
429 Posts
No problem!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts