Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I just pulled the trigger on an '08 F350 6.4 HD that a buddy of mines dad owned since new, has Elite Valvetrain, chomeoly push rods, billet connecting rods..well I can go on forever but the short is he has rebuilt the motor (52,000km on the engine now) and mostly bulletproofed it.

Now my question, I want to get rid of the DOC/DPF and maybe EGR (he kept them on). Obviously for added MPG and less repairs. It already has a black maxx in it, it is DPF friendly mode right now. Is there a way for me to do the deletes, but NOT get the clouds of black smoke when accelerating? A little bit is fine, but not the smoke screens like my old 7.3 :evil If the tuner is left in stock mode or eco mode, will it still billow smoke at take off? Obviously in race modes it will, but I can use it off-road.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks to all in advanced! Cheers :ford:

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the low power setting it doesn't smoke.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Ok, well I just pulled the trigger on an '08 F350 6.4 HD that a buddy of mines dad owned since new, has Elite Valvetrain, chomeoly push rods, billet connecting rods..well I can go on forever but the short is he has rebuilt the motor (52,000km on the engine now) and mostly bulletproofed it.

Now my question, I want to get rid of the DOC/DPF and maybe EGR (he kept them on).
Did i read this right?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Just wondering....

·
Diesel Therapist
153 Posts
smoke just means she's getting fed properly..... All kidding aside, keep it on lower settings to avoid the smoke dump. I personally like it, but to each their own.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smoke just means she's getting fed properly..... All kidding aside, keep it on lower settings to avoid the smoke dump. I personally like it, but to each their own.
Thanks for the input :) I like it to a point, but laws here are pretty strict and if they see a newer diesel smoking to bad, I can get pulled over and fined. But I def am going to rip it off just for a few extra MPG..that is the biggest reason for me. I already have a buddy that does the emissions testing, its only a visual test here for 4600KG or less diesels, anything over has to go on a sniffer, all they check for is the cat, but like I said, it helps to know a guy or two :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can run a true egr delete (cfm elbow) with "stock" tuning. It does not turn off valve egr valve. As a matter of fact u can even do egr delete plates in stock tune ether as it over heat with no coolers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can run a true egr delete (cfm elbow) with "stock" tuning. It does not turn off valve egr valve. As a matter of fact u can even do egr delete plates in stock tune ether as it over heat with no coolers.
so are these EGR deletes with waste-gates worth the money? Or can I get away with just blocking it?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Wastegates are worth the money with compounds..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Billet rods hey? What brand? Something seems fishy here
check your couch, had that happen to me once LOL Receipt says "Steel Billet Crower Connecting Rods 6.4 Ford x8" $3252.03 at Westside Performance Blenhiem, Ontario :D

Technically speaking, I can;t say if they are actually billet or if it is just the brand name of them.....

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
That's funny you mention Crower since they haven't actually produced the rods according to the guy I spoke with. But good on you, the guy might have got mixed up or something. Are the pistons coated?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's funny you mention Crower since they haven't actually produced the rods according to the guy I spoke with. But good on you, the guy might have got mixed up or something. Are the pistons coated?
Steel Billet Crower Connecting Rod Ford 6.4L Powerstroke Diesel V8 - Connecting Rods

^^ This is the exact same Part# I have on my receipt

Pistons are originals, truck belonged to my a buddy of mines dad, Me, him & his son rebuilt the truck after it hydro-locked, most of the parts I know nothing about, he said here they are, put em in LOL all I have is receipts he kept from the rebuild, nothing was overlooked or cheaped out on...thus why I bought it :p

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
I'm not gonna argue this with you cause it's really a waste of my time. Cool you got them. Enjoy your rig bud

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not gonna argue this with you cause it's really a waste of my time. Cool you got them. Enjoy your rig bud
thats probably best..Cheers! :ford:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts