Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this loud very odd squeal/chirp and i can't locate where it's coming from. I've searched the forums as well as Youtube to see if anyone has a similar sound but i can't seem to find anyone who has. It sounds like a pulley or tensioner but i had both replaced a few years ago. It seems to be constant, doesn't seem to speed up with the engine RPMs so I'm stumped. if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

http://vid638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/bps120/VID_20161010_170501955_zpsva8o2mgd.mp4

·
Registered
620 Posts
Air in the fuel cooler system, check coolant level. Its the small reservoir next to the turbo, takes gold coolant, it can be a pain to get the air out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Air in the fuel cooler system, check coolant level. Its the small reservoir next to the turbo, takes gold coolant, it can be a pain to get the air out.
thanks Cody! had another thread say the same thing. appreciate the help!

·
Registered
620 Posts
No problem, its a unique sound that one doesn't forget.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In a totally different direction, my alternator made that sound when it was going out..... Though that's on the opposite side of where yours is coming from.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would remove the main serp belt and start that truck and see if the noise goes away then u know its in the front end.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we dug out the mechanics stethescope (sp?) and listened around. i initally thought it was another bad idler pulley or tensioner, (something serpentine belt related)....but it's not. I think it's safe to say it's the fuel cooler. but thanks to everyone for listening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts