Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 6.4 motor have a block heater? If so where is the plug located?
A guy I know has a F550 dump truck and we were talking about block heaters and he says he does not know where the plug is located on the 6.4.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does the 6.4 motor have a block heater? If so where is the plug located?
A guy I know has a F550 dump truck and we were talking about block heaters and he says he does not know where the plug is located on the 6.4.
Yes , all 6.4's have a block heater , but it won't have the cord if it was not sold in one of the cold weather states or ordered with a cord. The cord should be behind the passenger side front bumper if it has one and if not you can order on and put it on yourself.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
All 6.4s come with a block heater. Some trucks came from the factory without the cord because of the options list that was chosen. If it has the cord it will be tucked behind the passenger side front bumper by the tow hook. It will have a round cover over the prongs so it might look like a wiring harness if you dont look carefully.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it does not have the cord where is the location where it will connect to the heater if a cord is bought?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, for the good info. I will pass the information on to the guy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have heard conflicting stories on whether it causes damage to start the truck while it is plugged in..... Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just common sense, it does not hurt to start with the heater on. The heater is just a coil that sits in the coolant and is powered by 110v. There is nothing mysterious about it , Let it run awhile and unplug it. It cant produce enough heat to cause any harm or overheat the truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.