Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 6.4 motor have a block heater? If so where is the plug located?
A guy I know has a F550 dump truck and we were talking about block heaters and he says he does not know where the plug is located on the 6.4.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does the 6.4 motor have a block heater? If so where is the plug located?
A guy I know has a F550 dump truck and we were talking about block heaters and he says he does not know where the plug is located on the 6.4.
Yes , all 6.4's have a block heater , but it won't have the cord if it was not sold in one of the cold weather states or ordered with a cord. The cord should be behind the passenger side front bumper if it has one and if not you can order on and put it on yourself.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
All 6.4s come with a block heater. Some trucks came from the factory without the cord because of the options list that was chosen. If it has the cord it will be tucked behind the passenger side front bumper by the tow hook. It will have a round cover over the prongs so it might look like a wiring harness if you dont look carefully.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it does not have the cord where is the location where it will connect to the heater if a cord is bought?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Its in the passenger side block right above the starter. it is very tight and kinda a pain to get to but its there. i put the cord in mine.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, for the good info. I will pass the information on to the guy.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
anyone have a Ford Part number on this Cord?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
anyone have a Ford Part number on this Cord?
International part number ZBL3600008 made by Zerostart.Zerostart part number 706051. i couldnt find the ford number but i had the International part number. hope this helps

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
You can save yourself some money and buy it at an International dealer instead of a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
517 Posts
6.4 superduty block heater harness Ford Part #7C3T-6B018-B

edit; I just found my invoice, I paid $87.41 @ Ford dealer for price comparison

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have heard conflicting stories on whether it causes damage to start the truck while it is plugged in..... Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just common sense, it does not hurt to start with the heater on. The heater is just a coil that sits in the coolant and is powered by 110v. There is nothing mysterious about it , Let it run awhile and unplug it. It cant produce enough heat to cause any harm or overheat the truck.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Ive only see my truck heat up to 100 degrees so i doubt any damage will be done. Start it up and unplug it and u should be fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, thanks for the help.

·
Handshaker
151 Posts
I picked a cord up at NAPA. Part # 605-3411. $19.88

Its a real pain in the ass to install on a manual. Automatics are a breeze.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
dang 19 bucks!!! you got a deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts