Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any 6.4 owners out there installed 110 hp injector nozzles? I am looking to upgrade to an Airdog Fuel system and while I was at it possibly doin this swap as well.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
you can run 110s if your planning on doing more down the road there are guys doing it but same of the demands have to be taking away in the programming if your not going to go crzy down the road just run the 60s

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
i agree with these guys i think just stick with 60's but if you do i would do the moddified HPFP as well to take full advantage of them and then you might as well get the turbos to clean up all that fuel!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have 110's in my truck with Elites HPFP also an airdog. I'm almost positive I would have more HP with stock injectors as apposed to my 110's.

I wonder if the new 6.7L 4 piston HPFP would do the trick for my 110's?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I have 110's in my truck with Elites HPFP also an airdog. I'm almost positive I would have more HP with stock injectors as apposed to my 110's.

I wonder if the new 6.7L 4 piston HPFP would do the trick for my 110's?
pumps are different, Bosche VS Siemens, but im sure it could be made to work, i think the new 6.7 pump should be monsterous, and make good power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses guys. I looked a little deeper and you guys are right. Elites HPFP is only capable of keeping up with the 60s but they are developing a new HPFP to accomodate the 100s. Even then, turbo upgrades are recommended to keep up with the fuel intake. Im going to wait and save some $$$ to do both the 110s and the turbo upgrades when they are available. Airdog, cooler tube, studs, egr blockers and NOS for now.

·
Registered
798 Posts
pumps are different, Bosche VS Siemens, but im sure it could be made to work, i think the new 6.7 pump should be monsterous, and make good power.
I was told the new fuel pump is a 4 piston version of the 3 piston pump thats in the 6.4. according to Matt @ Spartan

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks. Would a different fuel pump require a difference in how you go about tuning?

·
Registered
144 Posts
There's not wastegate with that, if your planning on running bigger chargers and nozzles and such, your going to need a full delete and wastegate to help with backpressure

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
I am actually looking into this egr delete from Cobb.

View Full-Size Image

6.4L CFM+ Intake Elbow and Adapter Plate Kit
Doesnt salt lake have strict emissions laws now? i heard them and davis county are crackin down on it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
There's not wastegate with that, if your planning on running bigger chargers and nozzles and such, your going to need a full delete and wastegate to help with backpressure
I say put a single turbo...GT45 and add a procharger.......DONE:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doesnt salt lake have strict emissions laws now? i heard them and davis county are crackin down on it.
Ya they do. All my vehicles are modified in some way and I always have to jump through hoops to get them inspected/emissioned. If its not tint, cats, dpf or height there is always something. My truck is do soon for both and I am going to see how it does and then push the envelope a little farther.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
yeah thats the only thing stoppin me from doin the full egr delete as its not really removable i just dont wanna deal with the headache cause i know weber county will start gettin just as strict pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts