Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM working on my brothers truck, he has a 05 f250 6.ol and he wanted me to put glow plugs, and I did, the truck was towed to my shop, it would only crank before the glow plugs, now i have the plugs in and the same thing, i pulled the icp sensor connector off and now the truck will start for a little bit then die, start then die etc. etc, any ideas? thanks for any help

·
Registered
449 Posts
glow plug relay good?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its sending power to the glow plugs when the key is rolled over

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
get a scanner on their u can read parameters with and see what ur icp is running, duty cycle of the ipr. Is the icp plug oily at all?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no oil, i hooked a mac scan tool up to her she has like 1500 psi cranking and 1.88v icp, atleast thats what the scanner says, is the fimc bad?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump anyone?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How would I do that? and what kinda numbers am I looking for?

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
there should be pids for ficm voltage in and out of the ficm. you should have baterry voltage going in and 48 volts comming out. if the voltage comming out is low30s-20s,the ficm is bad.
for that matter if the voltage drops below 47 volts during a cold start up,then the voltage drivers are burning out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i dont know where to test for voltage, but i pulled the codes in her and shes throwin a p0611 a ficm low performance code, what does that mean, i need an ficm? and trust me all helpis greatly appreciated

I

·
0 Posts
well i dont know where to test for voltage, but i pulled the codes in her and shes throwin a p0611 a ficm low performance code, what does that mean, i need an ficm? and trust me all helpis greatly appreciated
Sounds like you need a solder job on that FICM..

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,215 Posts
Sounds like you need a solder job on that FICM..
+1.

Sometimes the solderimg does not fix it, but it is WELL WORTH IT to try.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
if you have a ficm problem you will likely have codes for injectors, and the ficm general code, swamps i know fixes em for a good price, but dont just buy one from ford, theyre not plug and play

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea it threw all 8 injector codes earlier but i cleared them, im getin a ficm off a 05 parts truck, but thanks for all the input so far

1 - 15 of 15 Posts