Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
My lines are 1/2".. its not a Ford i'm putting the cooler in. I'm redoing my dad's 2002 dodge. We have a Built Garmon's Diesel 47re on its way. Im relocating the factory Transmission coolant heat exchanger to the frame, and want to add a larger air cooled plate cooler big enough for 1/2 " lines..ie 6.0L cooler. Plan on running 8AN lines or full JIC hydraulic hoses etc..
Thanks,
Deo

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 06 f250 6.0 can I buypass the bottom of the radiator tranny lines where it goes into radiator and connect them together as one line and just cap bottom of radiator off where they went in?

·
Project Shamu
2,718 Posts
I have a 06 f250 6.0 can I buypass the bottom of the radiator tranny lines where it goes into radiator and connect them together as one line and just cap bottom of radiator off where they went in?
You can, but many people argue you should still use the radiator cooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can, but many people argue you should still use the radiator cooler.
Will it affect my tranny? My line is leaking bad at radiator cause it's stripped where the tranny lines got into radiator. I'm pretty sure it has a cooler in front of radiator already.

·
Project Shamu
2,718 Posts
It wont hurt it if that's what you're worried about, it just might run a few degrees higher depending on what you're doing with it.

Make sure the line is on there good, and flare the line if there isn't one already, I'd hate to hear a cooler line blew off and you burnt up the trans.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,076 Posts
Yes, you can do that, but you lose at least half of your transmission cooling when you don't have a cooler in the radiator. If you don't work the truck hard you should be OK. If your truck works hard you will overheat the transmission.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts