Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,

I've got this very strange oil pressure issue and I MIGHT have an idea as to whats causing it but wanted help confirming it before I throw more money at this truck.

So I rebuilt my 6.0 recently and ive yet to run it because it'll just crank and won't fire up. I'm almost certain I've narrowed my high oil pressure down to the oil filter adapter/housing causing no flow. I have also just put a name brand oil cooler on too thinking the old one was plugged up (and a new HPOP which I now know are extremely rare to go bad). I am getting plenty of oil in my oil filter housing. When I crank on it with the filter out and the drain plug held down with a screwdriver it fills up in about 4 seconds. Just today I removed my oil pressure sensor and attached a hose and pressure gauge to it, yet I am not getting even 1 psi of oil pressure. So I removed the gauge and cranked it again and NOTHING came out of the hose. Now my question is, can the low oil pressure be fine but the oil filter housing itself be restricting flow somehow to the HPOP if I'm not even getting a drop of oil from the oil pressure hose I attached to the sensor port?

FICM sync is correct, FICM voltage is 48.5 and crank & cam position sensors are checking out as correct on the scan tool as well. Unplugging the new ICP as well wont start it either. I also have new upgraded dummy plugs and stand pipes. Entire front cover of motor and new low pressure oil pump are on as well. My IPR is new and voltage on pigtail from battery is 11.5v on red wire. Also, this is my 4th starter and second set of batteries :(

Please help! I'm desperate lol[COLOR=rgb(56, 58, 59)] [/COLOR]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did actually, the shop I sent my block to get bored and honed out forgot to put a freeze plug in on the galley that feeds the HPOP. Put a new plug in and it fired right up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts