Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BIGG PIGG EDITION
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, back in October I posted about having a oil leak. Few weeks after I got laid off and the truck has been parked. I have started a new job where I am much more happy. Been doing some thinking and Im gonna turn my Superduty back into my daily driver. So, the winter plans I had for it kinda changed with loosing my job, but Im still going to do EGR Delete, coolant filter kit, and new oil cooler. I still have yet to find the oil leak that I have been having. So, I snapped some pictures and Im hoping you guys can set me in the right direction. take a look.

Oil seems to be coming from above the trans somewhere, but I can not seem to find it from the top of the motor.

Thanks in advance.

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
You may check the turbo oil drain tube and maybe the sensor on the high pressure oil pump. You may also want to repair the exhaust leak on you manifolds because your loosing boost.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Could it be the IPR is leaking?

·
Bowhunting Freak!
386 Posts
Il have to check into the icp and see if its leaking.Truck runs and drives great though and oil level is always fine.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
yep I Agree with the ICP.... change it and the pigtail..... get both from international..... alot cheaper. those pics looked just like the bottom of my truck when it was leaking.

·
Registered
427 Posts
yep I Agree with the ICP.... change it and the pigtail..... get both from international..... alot cheaper.
I think the OP's truck is a '04, so probably is the IPR leaking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine looks the same underneath. I just did a oil cooler and after I had everything all cleaned up and back together I found the leak. It was the oil pressure sensor/switch on the oil cooler cover, It was leaking there and running back under the turbo pedestal and past the HPOP cover and then down the back of the engine. Hope this helps....

·
BIGG PIGG EDITION
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine looks the same underneath. I just did a oil cooler and after I had everything all cleaned up and back together I found the leak. It was the oil pressure sensor/switch on the oil cooler cover, It was leaking there and running back under the turbo pedestal and past the HPOP cover and then down the back of the engine. Hope this helps....
Very Interesting... I have a new oil cooler just have to put it in. Been waiting to find oil leak first. Hope this is all it is. My buddy said he was thinking HPOP

·
BIGG PIGG EDITION
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. So, got the turbo pulled today. Starting to lean towards the oil drain tube leaking cause it kinda fell out of the HPOP as soon as I lifted turbo. I def. want to check this sensor too tho, I dont want to put this all back together and still have the problems. Hard to tell where the leak is coming from with the use of penetrating oil. :doh:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks like it's an early '04 or a '03 based on the round EGR cooler and the intake manifold with the cross-over in the back.

Are you doing an EGR delete since you have it torn apart this far?

·
BIGG PIGG EDITION
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the new oil cooler in.. and reinstalled.. So, where is this ICP sensor.. here is some updated pictures.. Gonna work with the uppipe soon and gonna powder coat alot of stuff under the hood:woot:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
You are showing pictures of the IPR. Right behind it under the silver heat shield lies the ICP. If your harness is oil soaked you should change it also. Just slide back the sleeve to see the ICP. Make sure you reinstall the sleeve when you replace the ICP, it gets mighty hot back there!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts