Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We we have a member on here who decided he wanted to build a set of twins. Matt, motoxracer42, decided on the way he want to design it and we got started last week. Matt wanted to be included in the build for every part, so on Tuesday he headed down after work to start collaborating. Matt and Jason started the tear down and worked late. We received the 74mm s400 on Weds and late in the afternoon Matt came by and the pedestal was designed. We had some set backs and didn't get the second turbo, a 62/70, till Friday. Matt and J worked late all weekend and got all the piping fitted, welded and painted, the battery box got built and painted, and we were very close to being finished. Monday had some set backs as we couldn't get a couple things till the next day. Tuesday left us hating UPS as they put a silicone boot on the wrong truck. Yesterday, I got the boot and we heard her run strong once again!

I want to send a HUGE thank you to everyone that helped us out:

The original twin turbo'd 6.0 driver, The Canadian Rednecks. Shawn, thanks for putting up with all the crazy calls when we were ripping our hair out and thanks for the interesting advice!

The master 6.0 tuner, Eric @ Innovative. Eric thanks for being so timely with your responses to emails!

Toby, you were some comic relief and its always great to have you around! Thanks for helpin out and giving Matt some breaks!

Brett and Cody @ Industrial. Sorry guys, I know I was annoying and crazy, but I just needed answers!

Ok so here are the pictures I have on my camera. I will update as I get the others uploaded. :evil

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
No hood clearance issues with that pipe running across the top of the radiator shroud? Looks good though.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We measured with that in mind Danny!

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I took some with the camera at the shop. Should have them up tomorrow. Matt will get on here I'm sure too answer all questions. I'm just the photographer!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Now the only complaint I have is the Coors Light can in the pic...:poke:

I mean if you're gonna drink and believe me you have to when you are building a compound kit you need to start with some real beer or what works sooo much better is a big bottle of Canadian whiskey!! LOL

Seriously though it looks real good and I hope it's everything you wanted Matt

·
Its a wild ride...
560 Posts
Silly question... What if anything do you have to remove to change the oil? I don't see the filler neck on the passenger side valve cover in there anywhere?

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now the only complaint I have is the Coors Light can in the pic...:poke:

I mean if you're gonna drink and believe me you have to when you are building a compound kit you need to start with some real beer or what works sooo much better is a big bottle of Canadian whiskey!! LOL

Seriously though it looks real good and I hope it's everything you wanted Matt
Tyler...I have purple bottle ready for this weekend!

Can't wait to see it in person friday
Thought you weren't coming...:poke:
Can't wait too finally meet you Shawn! Matt is super excited!

Silly question... What if anything do you have to remove to change the oil? I don't see the filler neck on the passenger side valve cover in there anywhere?
They made it so all you have to do is take out a couple bolts I think. I know that was a big concern!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
i took the neck off and the cap screws straight into the valve cover. then j came up with a great idea of throwing some extra v-bands in there so all i had to do was take two clamps loose and fill her with oil. works like a charm. the pedestal was a little difficult to make cause its one of the most important things. that was the start of the build and everything depended on the placement of the low pressure. that and i didn't drink any that day lol.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, I have had a couple different people ask me for pricing on this set up. I will work on pricing on Monday since today we are leaving for the NHRDA event in Redding for the weekend.

Thanks,
Mikaela

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
How/where did you pull off the filter? Looks pretty slick.

My "filler neck" is gone as well, with the cap screwed right to the cover.

·
Smoke = See ya
47 Posts
This was a fun build to do. The low pressure pedestal is 1/4" plate braced with 3/8", bolted to the front of the head. Its pretty darned stout. As for the oil fill, like mat said, 1 extra V band and now he doesn't have to remove the whole hot pipe to do an oil change. 2 minutes and he's ready to fill er up. The real fun was lifting the motor to get the oil pan out to weld the return fitting into the sump.

We did have to clearance the fan shroud a little as Matt was intent on using 3.5" tubing, instead of 3", which would have cleared no problem. As for the air filter, right now its chilling behind the bumper. We had to go through all the crap I have on the shelves to find parts to make the intake work. Wound up using part of a stock Cummins intake elbow to get the bend from the turbo to the intake tube, and for now we just scabbed the original intake tube into that, so we didn't have to build a mount for the MAF, which we had to cut and extend the wiring to.

Coors Light is cool for workin late. Jack and Coke and I would have built him a hood stack!

Pricing. I still need to go through all our costs, labor, and such and figure out what it cost us to build the kit, and from there we can look into offering them for sale.

We'll see how they run in Redding!

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck in Redding guys. Wish i could have been there. Cant wait to here how they run! Jason you better text me and let me know what the V runs.
He has twins....that doesn't work anymore!

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I will have video posted on Monday when I get back in my office

1 - 20 of 86 Posts