new to the forum. have a 2005 f250 superduty with the following:

-egr update
-ficm update
-stc fitting replaced
-new egr
-66k miles
-oil changed every 3-4k
-sct tsx performance tune

was running fine down the highway today at about 50mph barely on the throttle. went to pass and pushed down on the accelerator pedal about 1/4 throttle and it felt like the engine popped/hicupped and then no boost. pulled over and checked CAC boots but everything appeared okay. limped vehicle home and noticed different colors of smoke (dark and light; sorry, i'm a little colorblind) when i pushed on the accelerator; more smoke with more throttle. check engine light has not come on. pulled out the egr but it looked very good. i'm thinking a turbo issue but with the low miles not sure. also, hoping the suddenness of the problem may be a sign of something. any help would be appreciated.

jeff

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Check the MAP hose on the right side of the intake that goes to MAP sensor that is mounted on top of the heater box.

·
scottbilt95
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbo impeller shaft snapped in the exhaust side. just for grins the broken piece augered itself into the downpipe. disappointing....... much thanks for the advice.

jeff

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Wow, thats interesting, was the turbo giving you any problems before? Maybe a P0299 code? 05's and up seen to be the ones that the VGT sticks and than need to be cleaned to fix them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts