Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ford F-350 with a 6.0L and 285,000miles so naturally the injectors have stiction and after much research And reading many forums (thanks guys) on here I decided to try Hot Shot Secret.

Yesterday I bought some hot shot secret and with in a half a tank I noticed a difference. This morning it started a little better. Less blue smoke, the exhaust smell changed... later in the day cold engine, it was back to some pretty rough idle with blue smoke. I am only a half of a tank into this so, I will post updates. Supposidly after 4,000miles stiction will be gone or I get my money back :)

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
I have a 2006 Ford F-350 with a 6.0L and 285,000miles so naturally the injectors have stiction and after much research And reading many forums (thanks guys) on here I decided to try Hot Shot Secret.

Yesterday I bought some hot shot secret and with in a half a tank I noticed a difference. This morning it started a little better. Less blue smoke, the exhaust smell changed... later in the day cold engine, it was back to some pretty rough idle with blue smoke. I am only a half of a tank into this so, I will post updates. Supposidly after 4,000miles stiction will be gone or I get my money back :)
You say you used half a tank? You used the oil addictive or the fuel additive?

·
Registered
233 Posts
You say you used half a tank? You used the oil addictive or the fuel additive?

^^ x2... The oil side is where you get 99% of the stiction problems...

I ran hotshots and rev-x in mine. seemed to do a little... saw the most improvement going to synthetic oil.

·
The Muscle Hamster
233 Posts
Sub'd. Thanks for the write up. Out of curiosity what oil are you using?

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
I have a 2006 Ford F-350 with a 6.0L and 285,000miles so naturally the injectors have stiction with 15w-40 Rotella T
Above is my suggestion on how you need to address your issue. I have over 272k on my 2006 with the original injectors using synthetics having no issues or stiction. The issue isn't the miles but clearly the oil you have been using regardless of the frequency of your oil changes.

·
The Muscle Hamster
233 Posts
:whs: I have the same problem which has lead me switching oils away from Rotella. I will probably go full synthetic in the few changes, but currently I am tore down and will be trying out Mobil Del Vac when the truck is put back together.
Good luck bud!

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
If anywhere around you guys way sells Chevron Delo 5w40 full synthetic, try that I've had pretty good luck with so far and it's fairly inexpensive here in NC.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Anyone with stiction issues should call Warren Diesel and ask about their new spool valves. Guaranteed to never have stiction.
I've been running a set in mine for almost 1,000 miles with 15-40 and it still starts the same as with 5-40 and new injectors.

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
Anyone with stiction issues should call Warren Diesel and ask about their new spool valves. Guaranteed to never have stiction.
I've been running a set in mine for almost 1,000 miles with 15-40 and it still starts the same as with 5-40 and new injectors.

Is anybody else paying attention to what he just said!?? The one common problem I see with 6.0 is stiction issues and he's basically saying with these new valves its a non issue anymore, might be the best thing I've heard since sliced bread lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I heard the new springs are a $600 option with injector purchase. Personally you can buy a ton off t6 and ar9100 for that kinda cash

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I heard the new springs are a $600 option with injector purchase. Personally you can buy a ton off t6 and ar9100 for that kinda cash
Well, the fact that I am actually running these. And its NOT just new springs. Almost the whole topside of the injector is being replaced.
I think just from myself running these, that they are worth there weight in gold.
Again, 15-40 for 1000 miles in wintertime (30° average) and still starts and runs better then it did even with 5-40.

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
Instead of having your injectors modded like millers are and know they won't have stiction issues ever again you would rather bye alot of T6 and archoil?? Lol can't say I agree with that

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Im thinking the same thing. What happens when you get over your $600 with the T6 and snake oil, and you still have the same issue?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I don't have any issues. I like the ar9100 it's the best snake oil I've used and I tried all of them

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's 600 on top of new injector and labor I agree if you are already getting injectors why not but if you are having a light problem use the snake oil it does work

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
It's 600 on top of new injector and labor I agree if you are already getting injectors why not but if you are having a light problem use the snake oil it does work
Here's the thing though, these new solenoids/spool valves are gonna eliminate the need for the snake oil COMPLETELY. Regardless if you had good luck with the archoil or not some ppl including myself have used all the snake oils including revx and it did nothing for me. That stuff is hit or miss, this is pretty much gonna change the 6.0 world IMO, no more injector stiction!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts