Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it sounds like there are problems with almost every type, of aftermarket fuel pumps (Lift) out there so what should a guy get?

Im going to feed Casserly 190's w 75% nozzles. Will install a regulated return as well at the same time, most likley stricktly diesel RR.

Lets here some pro's & cons, failures, success rates ect. about them all.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I still like FASS, the 150 i had on my blue truck for 4yrs is now on my dually. Been on there for a year now with no issues, got a 220gph on ol blue now with no issues. Tyler and a few other budddies have had great luck, although there are lots of guys who have not. But my personal experiances have been good with fass

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I went through 3 FASS 150/180 electric motors...

Went back to a Aeromotive Marine grade pump, DAHL 200 water/fuel separator and filter, Aeromotive filter after the pump, "Y" block, AN fittings in heads, Aeromotive Marine grade regulator, fuel cooler...and the HELLMAN sump.

Whatever you decide to do...get the sump!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Running the AD 100 here with no issues to date. Don't be a chump, get a sump!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to hijack but what exactly is a sump? :shrug:

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
IV GOT A AD2 AND TSD SUMP and rnr form sinister or what ever that company nam is now

iv had no problems

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I run the FASS 150/180, and the HELLMAN sump... to RCD 155s and I am happy...I did go thru a couple FASS motors, but the warranty is very good.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have fass 150. Been thru a few motors but they always replace them. Been happy with it. I would recommend getting a spare motor to keep in the truck though.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks gents, definitley appreciate the input from the experiences. It was a hard choice for sure, but i bit the bullett and went with an Air Dog II, hopefully i get a good one, however i think most of the issues that people have had with them have been running them out of fuel (the old 1/4 tank slosh routine) As far as a sump goes, im still debating whether or not i want to handi-cap my truck with one or not, im very leary on the position of them in relation to the area's i use my truck in. (See Canadian oilpatch in the dictionary) LOL.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Mod the skid plate and your sump is covered.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I figured adding a 1-2" spacer would do the trick. IIRC the mount bolts are long enough or just replace them with Grade 8.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im gonna measure a 2.5" drop just from the looks of them, i think though so theres some wiggle room in there, depending on the depth/builder of the sump plate as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
No one would ever know till they got a real good look at the tank. Well with 10.5" with 41's I guess everyone would see the skid plate...... :LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Sounds good. Post up pics if you get it done.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will i just ordered the Hellman sump, i have some ideas about a custom line too so hopefully it turns out sweet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts