Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going home last night my dog got scared of thunder and lightening and jumped down into the floorboard and onto my accelerator making the truck rev high in neutral. As it decelerated, the truck died and has not even tried to restart, no turnover or anything. It has TDC Fault and ------s where mileage usually is... Somebodyplease help, its in parking lot, but gotta get it going again. Will not turn over or anything?
I started wiggling fuses and tried unhooking the batteries. Still nothing.. ABS light stays on, the glow plug light will not go out , the display says check gauges or --------- where mileage should be when i open the door. All dash lights come on as they should be it will not turn over?

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
it won't over rev it will hit 4000 rpm and hold
We actually have to do this for our emissions test

how long did the incident last ,, did anything else happen?

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just revved and then i grabbed her off it. After the truck died, the tach was stuck at like 3300 until i turned the switch off to try and restart it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do u have a progamer on it?

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Negatron... All stock besides 4" Straight from MBRP and Zoodad airbox mod

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
hope you don't mind me googling for ya lol but since your dog was romping around down here it seems likley ??

I'm the one who was broke down a couple of days ago with '05 f250 fx4 6.0,
<TBC at faul/Check> gauges showing on dashboard. It was a simple wire pinched under brake pedal making contact. I discovered it after two full days of taking almost all the electrical out after i dropped a screw. I understand why the <TBC at faul/Check gauges> was showing, probably the pinched whire was for the towing brake control but I still dont understand why the truck wouldnt start, not even cranck. That is going to remane a mistery. I want to thank everybody that help me the other night. THANKS GUYS

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
First step is to find out what the code is.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of my Drill Sergeants has a Scan tool so I will check and see what codes it throws before i tear into it. Hopefully it is something simple.. I have not found any wires or anything yet. I will keep everybody posted. Thanks

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Do you have a Positive Air Shutoff on it?
If the engine gets i wiff of natural gas, or over revs, there is a butterfly valve in the intake that snaps shut. It would have to be manually reset before the engine could restart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No chance you flipped a belt off (during your high rpm burst) under the hood and unconnected a crank or cam position sensor? Can't quite remember where those sensors are on that engine. But since the truck died on its own.......

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would either of these keep the engine from at least turning over?

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got my DS's scanner as well as my own Diablosport Predator in the mail. Neither can connect with the computer to even check the codes... I am leaning towards the PCM being bad ow... any ideas on how to check it or any other suggestions?

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
check to see if you have power at the cig lighter

also did u look into this at all ?

Quote:
I'm the one who was broke down a couple of days ago with '05 f250 fx4 6.0,
<TBC at faul/Check> gauges showing on dashboard. It was a simple wire pinched under brake pedal making contact. I discovered it after two full days of taking almost all the electrical out after i dropped a screw. I understand why the <TBC at faul/Check gauges> was showing, probably the pinched whire was for the towing brake control but I still dont understand why the truck wouldnt start, not even cranck. That is going to remane a mistery. I want to thank everybody that help me the other night. THANKS GUYS

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have sent the ECM to Swamps to get tested. If they say it is good, I will begin to search the truck over once again. No wires or fuses were blown that would keep it from cranking.

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
I didn't even know the did ECM testing
You have to look at cause and effect however I can't see the dog incident taking out the ECM but I guess We will see
Good luck !!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
either it was just total coincidence, or when the dog was down there something was pulled apart or damaged. beat the dog til she confesses :) right now I'd guess the dog is too blame, could be something like a wire pulled partway out of a plug or broken on the back of a connector

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the ECM back from Swamps. They said it passed with flying colors twice. Re-installed in my truck and the Tool light had went off the dash, TBC Fault has not popped back up, and my scan tool is connecting now, HOWEVER, the truck still will not attempt to turn over. After checking all the fuses AGAIN, i am about flustered and read to throw a Thermite grenade in it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Passenger side fender well there is a ~12 ga wire with a round connector on it. Pinch the outsides of the connector and unplug it. Take the male side and give it power. I usually just stick the battery terminal bolt in the end and that will direct power the starter solenoid and crank the engine. Remember there are 2 fuse panels too. Dash and driver side under hood.

Tbc is usually a trailer brake controller fault.

Also if it cranks by jumping the starter hold the key in the crank position and move the shifter though the gears to see if your prnd switch works.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was it! What is the PRND switch? And do i need to just hookup a push button for the starter or what?

FOLLOW-UP: Took it down the road and it seems to be taking off in 3rd gear and staying that way. The TOW/HAUL light is blinking and everytime i shift from Park to Reverse to Drive it jumps when taking gear.. Still will not start off the switch?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts