Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Take a look at your gasket. Look at the little holes in the middle cylinders for coolant to flow from block to head. Look at the big holes in the end. Coolant is supposed to flow up from the block to the head and then forward to the front cover. Which gives you dwell time for heat absorption. Since the majority of the issues is in the center cylinders. Giving coolant the chance to leave the back of the head and not have to go through the centers seems wrong to me.

Look at a 6.4L gasket. The holes to the center cylinders are bigger. Looks like that would improve coolant flow to the center cylinders.

Just my observation.

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at your gasket. Look at the little holes in the middle cylinders for coolant to flow from block to head. Look at the big holes in the end. Coolant is supposed to flow up from the block to the head and then forward to the front cover. Which gives you dwell time for heat absorption. Since the majority of the issues is in the center cylinders. Giving coolant the chance to leave the back of the head and not have to go through the centers seems wrong to me.

Look at a 6.4L gasket. The holes to the center cylinders are bigger. Looks like that would improve coolant flow to the center cylinders.

Just my observation.
Thank you for your observation. That is what I am looking for, someone that works on these engines daily. Anybody else want to weigh in?

-French

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have had coolant recirc lines on my engine for almost two years...when I pull the heads, I will take pictures of it.

If I put them back on, I think I would run a valve on both sides, so I could shut them off in the winter time.

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had coolant recirc lines on my engine for almost two years...when I pull the heads, I will take pictures of it.

If I put them back on, I think I would run a valve on both sides, so I could shut them off in the winter time.
Yeah, I can remember you saying somthing about the lack of heat in the winter time. Did you narrow it down to the lines causing the problem?

-French

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Im doing the same

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I don't like the coolant reroute lines. They completely disrupt the design flow paths and also eliminate the possibility of getting a core charge for your heads in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts