Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 2006 F-350. The guy had it into the dealership due to it smoking (he didn't note black or white). It is tuned and the dealership notes the heads and injectors are fine but that the engine has bulged cylinder walls. This is the first I have heard of a 6.0L having bulged walls. I heard of blown head seals, failed oil coolers, blown turbos, cracked pistons, and even broken rods - but never bulged cylinders. Is this ligament or is the dealer squeezing him for $. Can the 6.0L be bored? I have some telling me no as they are ceramic coated so they can not be while others note that they can. I am picking it up tomorrow so I will know more then, but any information on bulged cylinders and boring would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
never heard of such silliness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy did not know what he was talking about. Turns out the pistons are torn up. By the looks of it, previously the turbo busted up and shredded the engine. Someone pieced it back together so it would run and then sold it to the guy. He ran it for a year before it fell apart again. The 4 of the 8 pistons are shredded, but the cylinders and heads are fine (likely new). So I will be pulling the engine and doing a full rebuild. Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts