Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a new aftermarket transmission built. I dont know much at all about the few aftermarket brands out there can anyone give me any advice as to what one i should go with. I have heard a lot of good things about suncoast and I have heard some good things about ats aswell. Thanks let me know

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
NADP seems to be the brand of choice for the 6.0's as of right now..they are holding up pretty well in high HP applications.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive never heard of them...

·
Registered
78 Posts
im getting a new aftermarket transmission built. I dont know much at all about the few aftermarket brands out there can anyone give me any advice as to what one i should go with. I have heard a lot of good things about suncoast and I have heard some good things about ats aswell. Thanks let me know
I am going to be sending mine to Doug (PSDPlayer) when I get the funds. Call and talk to him about what he does. Or PM him

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im going to have doug build me one thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
North american diesel performance(NADP) i just went 10.60 backing it up with 10.67, and the trans still shifts perfect. i don't know what they do to them, but they are holding 1100plus hp. you won't be disappointed

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
If you're going for a full build- NADP is the only choice. Smoothest shifting, best performing trans for the 6.0 and holds up to anything you throw at it.
Their customer service is top notch as well!

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Doug what all do you do to the trans in your rebuild? You supply a converter? Price? Turnaround time?
If you want a converter. We do them locally. Billet cover. Single disc, double, tripple. Billet input, billet intermediate. Cut the bellhousing off and replace it with a stronger piece for sled pulling requirements. Trans brake valve bodies. Stock clutch counts. Extra clutch counts. All pistons and plates are machined in house.

It's all how much you want to spend...

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
If you want a converter. We do them locally. Billet cover. Single disc, double, tripple. Billet input, billet intermediate. Cut the bellhousing off and replace it with a stronger piece for sled pulling requirements. Trans brake valve bodies. Stock clutch counts. Extra clutch counts. All pistons and plates are machined in house.

It's all how much you want to spend...
How about one for the average owner that just runs bolt ons. Chip, exhaust, intake, :blah:

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
How about one for the average owner that just runs bolt ons. Chip, exhaust, intake, :blah:
Everyone that I talk to says while its apart they want to add the extra clutches. If they send it on a pallet, attach a check for 2900 to it and that will get it overhauled and shipped back. Deppending on converter, it adds money to that.

If it needs hard parts, like if a planetary set is destroyed, price goes up. The external cooler needs to be replaced if there were any damaged components.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Whats the warranty on a gogo transmission?
If you are breaking hard parts like shafts, pay for the parts. If you are smoking the same clutch over and over, fire your tuner. Needs to be looked at on a case by case.

3yr/100k. You would need to replace the front mounted cooler if something came apart and pumped metal through it. Too many people have repeat failures from that cooler holding metal in it and it going back into the fresh unit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts