Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone. I'm brand hammer new to the forum and still somewhat green to the diesel life.

I have a few friends that have a true bullefproofed (whole 9 yards) 6.0 truck and a friend that has a 6.4. My main questions is/are... Since a full bulletproof kit costs $3700 (I'm blessed to have a diesel mechanic as a friend) should I spend the extra $10k and buy a '08-newer F250? This truck will be a daily driver and ill be towing horse trailers as well as campers/farm equipment.

Thank y'all for the advice!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Call me biased, but if you get the newer truck, it takes a fraction of that 10k budget to make it a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As in get a 6.0 and bulletproof it or just get a 6.4?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm thinking a 6.4 with maybe 2500 mod budget to start and it won't disappoint..

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I run my truck with a factory delete tune. I shaved the dpf off and kept the egr and coolers on the truck.. with that 2500 I would delete and tune, depending what's left I would add a radiator and/or an intake.. again, just to start..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've owned both and for what it's worth the 6.4 pulls much better. I'm guess due to the compound turbos but still, is better.
My current 6.0 is blown up (surprise) and it's deleted and studded.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Oh yea, almost forgot! Add a CCV reroute kit in there! These puppies NEED that kit for survival!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've owned both and a 6.4 does have more power but the repairs can break you. The 6.0 is pretty well documented for the problems and fixes, and there are more affordable repair parts available. The HPFP system on the 6.4 (or 6.7) is more susceptible to water, and filter maint. is critical, the cost to replace that system could probably bullet proof your 6.0, You can do more work in the engine bay without pulling the cab on a 6.0 as well. Just my 2 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts