Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the diesel truck scene and have been heavily considering purchasing one in about a month or so. After doing some research I have seen mixed results on MPG's and was wondering what you guys (first hand experience) are getting on your trucks. I was originally looking at the 08 6.4's, but saw that the 06/07 6.0's were better on fuel economy as well as had less troubles than the original 6.0's from previous years.

What should I expect to get stock out of each of these motors? I don't plan on doing a lot of upgrades to the truck once purchasing with the exception of an egr delete and possibly a chip.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
If you have limited your choices down to the 2 motors, then you just have to compare. The 6.0 is louder, which means alot to some, 6.4's are super quiet, they both get decent mileage. You just have to get rid of the dpf on the 6.4 for mileage to be decent

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
stock to stock 6.0 will take it. as mentioned above a dpf deleted 6.4 will get about the same MPG just has WAAAAY more power than the 6.0 tuned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts