Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Younger
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Powerstroke fans! Im new to this forum!

I have a few questions, I am thinking of doing a turbo swap. I was thinking of swapping to a s362 or s364. I dont ever do towing much towing and if so its under 4k. I want to be about 550 hp.

I was lookin at the warren diesel injectors at holder down performance, I see they have 175cc injectors, one with stock and 75% nozzels. What is the difference, there is a big price difference tho.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!! I'm Rykan one of the owners of Holderdown performance. For not much towing and wanting some power I'd go with the 64mm turbo and bigger than stock nozzels such as 75% for sure. The big price diffrence comes from the new performance cut nozzels. They are not just extrude honed like some. The bigger nozzle will empty the injector of fuel faster. Therefor in the upper end of your rpm range you can inject your fuel in the prime spot (piston bowl) for the most power. Hope this helps!

·
The Younger
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome to the forum!! I'm Rykan one of the owners of Holderdown performance. For not much towing and wanting some power I'd go with the 64mm turbo and bigger than stock nozzels such as 75% for sure. The big price diffrence comes from the new performance cut nozzels. They are not just extrude honed like some. The bigger nozzle will empty the injector of fuel faster. Therefor in the upper end of your rpm range you can inject your fuel in the prime spot (piston bowl) for the most power. Hope this helps!
Do you think 190cc injectors will be too big? How streetable will this set up be?
Will I have alot of turbo lag?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I run 190's and a 65mm Vgt daily on my truck. Obviously a 64mm non Vgt will have some more lag but that's all in the sizing of the exhaust wheel and the housing. It can be made real streetable. Tuning plays a big role as well.

·
The Younger
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run 190's and a 65mm Vgt daily on my truck. Obviously a 64mm non Vgt will have some more lag but that's all in the sizing of the exhaust wheel and the housing. It can be made real streetable. Tuning plays a big role as well.
Will an S366 be to big? I do not want the lag to be extremely bad. What a/r do you recommend on a s364?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm getting ready to try an s366 on my 190's I'll let you know how it goes. But alot of people who I've seen that run a 64 run a .70 housing and seen to like it.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
first you want a 62mm or 64mm then you bring up 66mm?

i'd say 190/75 and a 64/71/70 would be a decently quick street setup and an okay >8k towing setup...

these threads are getting old.. what happened to trial and error:doh:

send me your credit card and ill build your truck for you... this is what i told a customer after he handed me a heated fass system, an aurora 4000 and 225cc injectors to install on his truck... needless to say he got his truck back with a much different setup and I have a shelf full of parts to sell.

·
546 Posts
Guys need to use the search bar to see if anyone has asked the same question. But on a side note wana sell those 225's :poke: ?

·
The Younger
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want to know what turbo to get 550Hp!... And I do not want the powermax or alot of turbo lag.

I plan on changing the injectors out, I'm working on a 2 piece billet intake, and im ganna port the heads.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
a 62/70 will bring you 550 with the 190/100s on a race tune...

haha two piece billet intake? have fun with that

ported heads? worthless

troll?

·
The Younger
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a 62/70 will bring you 550 with the 190/100s on a race tune...

haha two piece billet intake? have fun with that

ported heads? worthless

troll?
all our cnc machines are sitting idle in this economy anyways. haha hopefully i could come out with something sweet that other people might want. i could already see me cad designers giving me the stink eye

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you go with the 62mm id look in to the batmowheel will help with the spool up 66mm is going to be way to big with 190 or small just my two cents

·
546 Posts
I see those threads, but they can't seem to stick to one turbo..
Yea i know i have looked, but sometimes see who has what set-up then send them a pm asking questions so you dont start a new tread or have people yelling at you just my 2 cent. I have done it before.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
this is about the 442 thread about "what do I need to make 550 hp." search my brotha....search.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Don't you own your own diesel shop ??

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
I just want to know what turbo to get 550Hp!... And I do not want the powermax or alot of turbo lag.

I plan on changing the injectors out, I'm working on a 2 piece billet intake, and im ganna port the heads.
Don't waste ur money porting the heads...... it wont be worth the cost at the HP level ur looking at...... 64mm Turbo 190/75% tune it delete it beat on it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts