A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
$200 - $250

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
around 100 if it is a 26row and CLEAN
around 125 is it is a 31row and CLEAN

Problem is, it's hard to tell if it's clean. Will need to be flushed and flow checked. Even then, crap can later become dislodged and sent down stream. If someone were to use a "used" cooler, flush it multiple times and install a temp magnefine filter for a few thousand miles to catch anything that may have been in the cooler. Be sure to REMEMBER to remove the filter later. It will kill a trans faster than anything if it get clogged.

Even Ford (most HONEST dealers) will just replace the cooler.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
New 6.0L coolers are just under 300 out the door at my local dealer. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Question there Dirk and anyone else???

My 250 has a Ford filter on the tranny line, it was there when I bought it, and
the epoxyed on aluminum serial numbered tag on the tranny indicates that the thing was changed out under warranty. Question is is that filter hurting the tranny?? OH! the cooler appears to have been replaced also???

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Question there Dirk and anyone else???

My 250 has a Ford filter on the tranny line, it was there when I bought it, and
the epoxyed on aluminum serial numbered tag on the tranny indicates that the thing was changed out under warranty. Question is is that filter hurting the tranny?? OH! the cooler appears to have been replaced also???
Remove the filter ASAP.... It will clog and kill a trans!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a friend that has a friend that works at a ford dealership. He said whenever a 6.0 comes in has a new tranny installed they have to change the cooler also. He also said they just throw them away so we got one really really cheap.

Hell your in utah just throw it on KSL.com for a 175 or so and see if anybody wants it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts