Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was posting this for some opinions. ive done good with my 6.0 but love the truck and want to keep it for a long time. im so against putting a cummins in it, id put a 6.0 back in if i ever had too.

i started thinking, wouldnt a 7.3 be pretty easy? i have a 6spd... should bolt up there, i would change out cluster for a older model and use all the 7.3 electronics. hardest part would be the motor mounts and fuel system? so finding a donor truck would be kinda key

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I could be done, but going to involve alot of electronics to make everything work right. If you're going to go thru all the expense and time of doing a conversion, just do it right the first time and put a Cummins in it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have done a few. You need a 7.3 parts truck to do it the easiest and really the right way. Everything is there on a 6.0 cab and frame to put a 7.3 back in it. Also, your 6spd will not bolt up to a 7.3. The last one I did I left the 06 radio and dash required a little custom wiring but not much. If you switch EVERYTHING from a 7.3 parts truck its all pretty much bolt in.

Also, dont know what year your truck is, but you can leave your differantials. Leaf spring setups are all the same, and 05 up is easliy adapatable even with the 7.3 abs system.

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
The bolt pattern on a 6.0 zf6 trans is way smaller than a 7.3 bolt pattern also the input shaft on a 6.0 zf6 is much larger than that of a 7.3.

·
Registered
342 Posts
plus you would be 80HP down in power stock to stock engines.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts