Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reaching out here again to the brothers.

I have had 3 trucks in recently with the same issue. I'll pick one for instance.

After a hot run, about 190 EOT. I shut her down and crank her back up quick. The IPR sticks @ 59%, ICP around 2400psi while desired is 570. It will run with a high cackle until it throws a P2284- ICP circuit fault. When it throws the code, IPR will duty @ 32% with BOTH ICP and ICPD @ 870. Shut it off, restart, its fine. ETC...

I found out once I had only 6.6 PSI while CRANKING HOT on the LOW pressure oil side. I pulled the HPOP and found STC fitting o-ring inside pump was worn. Makes sence. Replaced whole pump with new fitting since previous IPR screen was blown out, new IPR installed. Yes fuel pressure is amazing. 65 psi

Beat the piss out of it today, came back, hard start hot was perfect, LPO was 37 PSI at engine op temp. But STILL the IPR % will STICK @ 59%.

Parts and updates to truck are as follows

HPOP w. fitting
IPR
ICP sensor
ICP pigtail

I'm half tempted to check out the LPO pump also, as there was a Econoline filter and cap on it...

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
I have ran into a few issues where the IPR was the end result. Did you air test the system?

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
system passed just fine, on all trucks. I even ran the on-road test and IPR DC went over %75 and all trucks had brand new IPR's installed.... Im starting to think this may just be the way it is...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
what quality and frequency are you using for oil changes? IPR could be going out (even though it looks like you recently replaced it). If you're not already using rev-x you might give it a shot. pretty much everyone I'm aware of, including myself who has used it, loves it. easier cold starts, smoother idle etc.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all trucks are Delvac 15W40 and oil changes done very frequently... I would hate to be sending several IPR's back for warranty if their not the issue or will continue to wear out quickly. I just want to know I checked over everything.... And yes for the ones tat didnt have heat shields, I put them on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts