Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 6.0 with 4in turbo back exhaust inatk and sct tunes. Ive been noticeing that when iam crusing at 70 2000 rpm there a lil cloud of somke coming out but when i get on it the smoke doesnt clear up is this normal.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Nope. Does it smoke on start up? Smoke when you decelerate? What color are we talking about here? Blue,black, grey, WHITE????

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
my buddies 05 harley did this, slightly low on power and smoked a lil, he cleaned his egr valve good and put it back in and hasn't had any probs since, somthin simple a free to try and check out b4 u go deeper

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its black smoke it runs great but i dont recall my truck smoking so much...? also no smoke on start up and no smoke when i decelerate

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Yup IDE take black over the others. How's your turbo spooling? Not low on boost or anything?

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
You running canned tunes or did you get a custom tune?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
my buddies 05 harley did this, slightly low on power and smoked a lil, he cleaned his egr valve good and put it back in and hasn't had any probs since, somthin simple a free to try and check out b4 u go deeper
:whs:

Might be catching early signs of the EGR valve plugging up.

Mine plugged COMPLETELY at one point and the symptoms I had was on occasion leaving a stop sign I would have zero boost, low power and just roll coal, also at highway speeds would get a slight haze on occasion. Cleaned the valve up and all that went right away.

Shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes to pull the valve and clean it. 2 8mm bolts and some work with a lady's foot or prying tool of your choice.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iam running tsd tunes he said he turned the fuel up a bit but when i first got it, it didnt smoke that much and i drive it every day about 150 miles so i notice these things right away. Now that ya'll talk about the egr vale plugging up iam going to go ahead and clean it.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Couldn't hurt to clean your egr valve that's for sure.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
you can buy an o-ring kit for it, comes with 2 o-rings and a gasket for the EGR valve, if your carefuly you won't need it, but worth having just in case.I think its like $5 or so from the stealership

and I forgot to note, when I had those issues my truck was bone stock at 55k Might want to check if your tune has the EGR valve turned off in the tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts