Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site not sure if I am posting this in the correct section.

So I've read an Insian amount on this particular topic and find that nobody thus far has been able to find any particular fix.

I have an 03 f350 6.0 powerstroke fx4 short bed 4 door with 155000 miles on it that has this shake/bounce (up and down motion) that ONLY occurs between 45 mph and 50. Once I get past 50 it goes away, it happens during acceleration, deceleration but only while driving through 45 to 50 and slowing down through that range, ( worse when hitting the brake.

As I see it, visually there is nothing loose in the driveshaft, u joints look decent, carrier bearing isnt loose and not sure about damper.

Driving me INSAIN!!! Changed front axle u joint, new track bar, new stearing stabilizer, new brakes. Mechanic cant figure out what it is either. Installed 2.5 front leveling kit with wheel spacers and 35s.

The shake still occured before leveling kit and spacers but wasn't as pronounced as it is now.

If anyone has figured out a fix please let me know.

·
Administrator
8,169 Posts
first thing i would check is wheel balance. if they balance out good, i would then inspect universals. but i suspect your are going to find one or two wheels with weights missing.
they can look good and still be bad. i have seen that way to many times.
people swear the universals are good because they "look" good.
then i drop the driveshaft and show them the dry caps with worn roller bearings

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
As stated the best way to check u joints is to remove the driveshaft and feel them move. As suggested check wheel balance as well. have you checked for proper driveline angles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts