Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i take off when its cold i try to take off and hammer on it and it all goes good until the turbo spools then it starts to cackle but just studders and shakes and wont take off. Any ideas to stear me in the right way would be appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this only happens while its cold too, once it warms up it runs amazing.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
this only happens while its cold too, once it warms up it runs amazing.
I would definitely say its your ficm then.... search for a write up on ficm repair done by jdc753... he has a very good writeup and a few useful links in that write up

·
Registered
56 Posts
Could also be injector stiction. If your running "dino" oil, swap it out for some 5w40 full synthetic (CJ-4 or CI-4). That might help a little.
Some guys swear by rev-x, some swear by Hot Shots Secret as an additive for this (some say both are "snake oil."
I never had this issue so I have no opinion of either of those products, but it seems rev-x is a tad more popular.

·
green037.3
49 Posts
more then likely its your ficm my 05 F-350 failed one and when it warmed up it ran great but after first start up it would run rough and smoke.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked the ficm and everything checks out fine i got 48v koeo and 48v koer im thinkin injectors possibly?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I just noticed it yesterday. Once it's slightly warm (needle hardly even moves) it runs just fine but it stutters and fumbles with more than 1/3rd throttle. I'm already running Rotella 5W-40 synthetic straight with no additives. Where do you check the FICM for the voltage?

Thanks
Dave

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
if ficm voltage is good its probably time for injectors

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can monitor FICM voltage with the ScanGuage II. Neat tool for any 6.0L owner. Sounds like injector issue though...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Curious here guys. Mine does the same thing. It idles fine cold or warm. When I first started it twice, it took a while of cranking to fire. When I take off cold, it'll chug a bit and hesitate to accelerate. In reading many posts regarding these same symptoms, I hear more often that RevX or the other stuff fixed the problem because of the oil causing problem int he injectors. I still don't understand what problem in the injectors and why you guys say injectors if this stuff has helped most of the people I read from.

Granted, I'd love to put some injectors in my truck but it's not monitarily feasable. So.....Thanks to Deranged, I have a 2 bottle package on the way as of today. I'm going to try the stuff out and if it does what I'm reading, I think it'll cure this problem. I'll also try it out in the Tcase and diffs if it really is that good. That post about using it in them and freeing up friction on the driveline just about sold me. We'll see how it does here.

I just can't see how it could be the mechanical injectors when it warms up for about 5 minutes of idle, it's ready to go full throttle with no problems.

Just wondering.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey dave when you get your rev-x would you please tell me how it works ive been debating ordering some but i would like to know first hand how it works before. I would be very appreciative.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same issues in my '05 and bought two bottles of Rev-X, and it has substantially helped with cold starts. Truck still smokes a little bit at idle, but when cold runs much smoother and starts alot better also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Will surely do. As soon as I have some spare change, I'll pick up 2 more bottles and run them in the T case and reont/rear diffs like mentioned above. It should be here this week.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
528 Posts
My 2 bottles came in the mail yesterday and are in now. I'm running Rotella T 5W-40 as well so we'll see what she does.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Rev X is awesome stuff. It wont fix it if your injectors are too far gone though. A little stickage....yes...... damaged .......no.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I got mine from Derangedperformance.com

It seems a bit quieter but I may just be anticipating it. It surely did start much quicker today after work though. It didn't get over the heavy throttle takeoff though. Acted different but didn't chug like it has. Time will tell.

Dave

1 - 20 of 26 Posts