Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 6.0 and have had some issues lately that I'm having a hard time figuring out. Truck runs great, shifts good with no 3-5 flare but once in 6th it shakes horribly. I thought this was was in injector issue seeing as I just upgraded to a set of holders 190/30s but after running a power balance test I feel comfortable saying it's not an injector. So here's my issue, during the power balance test it threw a code for the direct solenoid stuck/ sticking, I pulled the pan and replaced the epc and direct solenoids as well as the plastic pressure switches with metal o- ringed ones. There wasn't any excessive clutch material in the pan but ther fluid did smell a little burnt. The problem is constant in 5th and 6th but really shows up when the converter locks so im stuck wondering if it actually is an issue with the direct clutch or converter or if it's actually a injector issue. The power balance test was run under load when the issue was occurring, maybe someone sees something that I don't.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm thinking @Mark Kovalsky might have some insight, as this seems transmission related.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,055 Posts
I can't think of a way that the trans would make it shake in 6th, but not in other gears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: drove to work this morning, it was cold, in the 30s and the truck ran fine. No issues at all until it reached operating temp then the shake started again. Also when I went to back into my parking spot at work there was a reverse delay of maybe 1-2 seconds. This has me stumped, if it was an injector issue such as a sticky spool valve wouldn't the problem get better as temps rise?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,087 Posts
Did you run an uncompensated power balance test?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts