Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed a non vgt turbo on my 07 powerstroke the specs are 66/74/91 I got all stock fuel system with innovative xtreme x tune mods are 5" no limit intake 3.5" down pipe I was curious if 20psi of boost was normal with tow/haul on thanks

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,398 Posts
That turbo is meant to be used with larger than factory injectors, ideally. That, and considering you don't have things like a 4" downpipe, I suppose 20psi is to be expected. It needs custom tuning too, not just generic "cookie cutter" tunes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you but it does have a tune from innovative diesel for a s366 non vgt I've just seen videos of other 6.0 getting 30 psi just wasn't sure

·
Registered
9 Posts
You definitely need a little bit more on the fuel side to take advantage of that turbo. I’m sure it is quite laggy as well. 175/80s or something in that ball park is what I’d pair with a charger like that. What else is done to your truck?

I just went to a non VGT setup in my truck and went with a 62/68/.83 SXE w/ Irates T4 Kit. I am on stock injectors. Gearhead wrote my files and I absolutely love the set up, came from a Powermax. Not sure what I am making for boost but around 1/2-3/4 throttle I max out my Edge Insight that reads through the OBD2 @ 29lbs. I assume I’m seeing somewhere between 35-40 at WOT, gonna install an actual boost gauge at some point here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts