Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a reman engine for my 03 Excursion in the near future. I have looked at quite a few different vendors and read a lot of different opinions. Most of what I have found has been older and opinions from people who don't actually have the engines. Does anyone here have any real life experience with Blackwater, Asheville, J&K, Killdevil or any others I am missing? Personally from my research and after to talking to someone from Blackwater and Asheville I am leaning toward Ashville .30 over with their stage 2 cam and o-ringed heads. I'm not looking for a race engine but a solid reliable engine for my family-mobile/toy hauler that can reliably and safely run a tune. So if anyone can share any real life experience, good or bad, please do so.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
Ashville is what i would do If I needed to place an order today , the 30 over is not an upgrade IMO i would want the least amount taken out of the bore

now the KillDevil would also have my interest just knowing who is doing the work

Blackwater is a no way and I have no knowledge of JK

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will be buying a reman engine for my 03 Excursion in the near future. I have looked at quite a few different vendors and read a lot of different opinions. Most of what I have found has been older and opinions from people who don't actually have the engines. Does anyone here have any real life experience with Blackwater, Asheville, J&K, Killdevil or any others I am missing? Personally from my research and after to talking to someone from Blackwater and Asheville I am leaning toward Ashville .30 over with their stage 2 cam and o-ringed heads. I'm not looking for a race engine but a solid reliable engine for my family-mobile/toy hauler that can reliably and safely run a tune. So if anyone can share any real life experience, good or bad, please do so.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
I know late, but here is my recommendation CPPDiesel, I bought my Long block March of 2017, and have had Zero problems with it other than swapping out the fan clutch, I now have almost 15,000 miles on it and tow a 30ft camper with it running a SCT x4 with 65hp +/- Tow Tune, I did put a turbo back 4" straight exhaust on it being I had the cab off, I will recommend if you are changing engine to flush, flush the heater core, I made that mistake but caught it in time, I had a Ford Mastertech do most of the engine work, here locally, he works on nothing but 6.0's, and is much cheaper than Dealers.(He does work for a dealership full time also), here is their contact info:

CPP Diesel
238 Westbend Rd.
East Millsboro, PA 15433
724-785-4022
9 TO 5 est

cppdiesel.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts