Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
They Call me Tator Salad!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning fellow PSN members...

I just found out thats its time to do head gaskets on my 2004 6.0 stroke! I'm looking for any and all advise for rebuild mods to help make this the last major work ever done on this motor!

My intentions are to try to make this motor as bullit proof as possible! I run a programmer, with an AFE intake, and straight pipe exhaust. I'm not necessarily looking for more power.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated...

:dfpsn:

·
Registered
287 Posts
install ford OEM headgaskets with arp headstuds and have the heads sent to a good machine shop, checked, and machined i necessary. also do an egr delete while ur there, take the turbo apart and clean it if needed. also do the full coolant flush before tearing it apart and then rebuild the oil cooler and switch to cat ec-1 rated elc. also, put on a coolant filter. if u are running any tuner other than an sct, i would get rid of it and get a custom tuned sct.

·
They Call me Tator Salad!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe!

Is there a reason to stick with the OEM Ford gaskets? I was looking at aftermarket, maybe Black Onyx? And a ran across a guy about a year ago that does an EGR Intake mod for the cooler removal. But I can't remember who he was, or where he was out of! I do remember that it was about a $1800 cost with core charge on the manifold!

·
Registered
115 Posts
gogo diesel has ported manifold and a cooler deleted manifold but there not quite that much. elite also has the cooler deleted manifold.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks Joe!

Is there a reason to stick with the OEM Ford gaskets? I was looking at aftermarket, maybe Black Onyx? And a ran across a guy about a year ago that does an EGR Intake mod for the cooler removal. But I can't remember who he was, or where he was out of! I do remember that it was about a $1800 cost with core charge on the manifold!
you are still gonna have to keep ur egr valve plugged in, so i think it would be easier doing the full delete and putting ur valve back in and plugging it in. it wont affect anything. u could also just use the blocking plate. the reason for keeping the valve plugged in is when its not, the fan clutch doesnt work right and messes some things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts