Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone here can help. OK I have a 2006 f350 6.0. It ran fine and no issues and went to go start it and it wouldn't start. Had a crank no start issue. I replaces ecm, ficm, glow plugs and harnesses, glow plug module, icp and pigtail, ipr and pigtail, camshaft sensor, new drain tube in oil filter and oil filter. Both fuel filters and new fuel filter cap. Blue spring upgrade. We'll after all that it would run but one second it would run fine but the next the rpms would jump up and down and the throttle would rev up really easy and stay up a second without touching pedal. I could cut it right off and it would be fine unless I sat at a light or stop sign too long. Now I have nothing. No power to anything inside truck. Somebody please tell me what's going on with this thing. Also I have a snap on diagnostic scanner and from what I gathered all my pids were good until now.

·
"resident smarty pants"
5,218 Posts
So, no codes? If not, that surprises me.

Irregular rpms might be a result of several things, but the crankshaft sensor (or its wiring) come to mind first.

Could also be an injector, or a sticking IPR, or ICP, or etc.

Please use ONLY Motorcraft sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it running again. I'm assuming I fried the new ficm with trying to start it with low battery voltage. I still have the surging at idle in park or drive if sits idling for more than probably 15-20 seconds. The weird thing is is when it starts surging the truck seems to have so much more power but the throttle is very touchy I guess you would say. Barely touch pedal and the rpms shoot way up and it goes. I can't figure out what's going on. All the pics are good. Everything is in range on what the diagnostic wants to see. Could this be a blue spring upgrade problem. I have egr delete and no tuner. I keep being told I have to have a tuner if I have egr delete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts