Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and her husband are looking at a 2007 F350 Dually 4x4 with automatic trans, and 46,000 miles with the 6.0. Since I have a 97 F350 7.3 they called me to ask what I thought of the 6.0. I have heard all the horror stories concerning the 6.0, but for some reason I think I read that Ford had fixed all the issues and problems with the 6.0 by 2007. The truck is at our local Ford dealership and they are being told it is a new truck trade-in. Do any of you know if the 2007 6.0 still had problems? No way to know if the truck was serviced like it should be, but with only 46,000 miles, how much could it be hurt?

·
Registered
932 Posts
if they buy the truck, have the dealership do a full diesel coolant flush on it as part of the deal and change the oil and fuel filters. that will give them a fresh start. maintenance is key on these engines so they will need to change their oil every 4k or so and fuel filters every other oil change. Keping good batteries in it will avoid ficm problems for as long as possible. if it is driven and worked regularly, there shouldnt be any turbo problems. the 07 pickups still have issues with high pressure oil leaks such as the stc fitting and the oil rail dummy plugs. being that it has less than 50k, these problems shouldnt come about for a while. when they do....I would have stc, dummy plugs and stand tubes replaced at the first sign of a long crank when the engine is hot. also...deleting the egr system will eliminate a whole bunch of problems down the road. I have a 6.0 with 280k miles. it stil has 4 original injectors, original turbo, and has only had the oil cooler replaced once at 262k miles. maintenance is key. these engines tend to be wildly misunderstood. but if treated right...they are very reliable and excelent performers.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The problems could get them a great deal on that truck. They shouldn't be scared to get a 6.0 just plan on having issues around 100k miles save up about $3500 and get it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts