Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem #1: we had our first cold night the other day (mid 30s), i went out to start the truck and let it run before i drove it and it would try to start, but wouldn't. tried several times. just acting like it was cold natured. plugged it up and let it heat up, started perfectly after a couple of hours. i went and had the batteries tested just in case and everything came back good. ive kept it plugged in the last few nights and all is well.

Problem #2: was pulling my boat in town, coming home and the check engline light came on. truck seemed to be running good. took it to advance and it was all the injector(s) codes. went ahead and had it cleared since it was running good. ran it for a couple of days, ran great as usual. today, was towing the boat and it came on again. seems to be running goood, dont think there is a loss of power, i was trying not to run it hard with the light on..but there doesn't seem to be any major power loss.

Are these problems related? and what could it be? FICM possibly?
truck has never been ran hard and has 70k miles on it. plan on doing the egr delete and a tuner this winter..just havent got around to it. can anyone help me.
thanks

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Sounds like a FICM problem to me. Especially if you got codes for all the injectors. Test the ficm voltage. There is a good video/write up for that on YouTube check it while cranking the motor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll do the test this week. do you think these problems are related? and do you reccommend the folks at circuit board mechanics?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like time for a new or FICM, or have that one repaired.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:
Tested the FICM this morning. it is bad. truck wouldn't start (cold) but during the initial cranking, the voltage dropped to low 20's. FICM is out and i'm sending it to the guys at ficmrepair.com. keep in mind, i could still get the truck to start after it had been plugged up and heated for a couple of hours. so that might be some help to some of you all that have a bad FICM and are in a bind to get it somewhere. however, im sure all bad FICM symptoms are different.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again for all the help, especially 04stroker :bowfast:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: got the FICM back from the guys at circuit board medics. got it back on and it fired right up after sitting a week...awesome! Thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts