Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has a 2007 6.0 550. He bought it in a no start condition I believe. He found a pin in the lpop and when he removed it it started and ran fine. He didn’t investigate where the pin came from I don’t guess.... now after driving it for some time it won’t run again. Here’s a pic of what he found. Any idea where he should go next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did tell me he was trying to start and heard a crunch. That tells me he probably has a big problem now.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Yea those lifters are coming apart, likely spreading metal debris throughout the engine. That crunch was probably the lpop eating another bearing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has a lift and has had cab off before. That’s his plan again. I’ll tell him where that pin likely came from and we will go from there. Thanks.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,215 Posts
This is why I have some strong magnets on the bottom of the oil pan! That "might" (emphasis on might) help keep these roller bearings from being sent forward.

The LPOP cover is already off, have the the LPOP gears been removed? Front cover removed? Most likely all will need to be replaced, along w/ the lifter work that will need to be done. Run your fingernail over the cover surfaces to feel for scratching. It doesn't take much to cause issues w/ the LPOP developing pressure.

Check the oil filter and drain the oil - look for any signs of metal.

Please keep this thread going because it will get interesting when you find out which lifter(s) are bad and if you decide to remove the engine to replace them all (or worse).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. I’ll try to keep it updated when he gets to it. He’s currently taking a V10 out of his 250 and putting in another engine. So it’ll be a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts