Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys do injectors on the passenger side oil rail the two bottom bolts can be a real pain. Is there a special tool someone makes to do the job quicker?? I use an allen t-30 to get them out. I wish they made those like a ratchet wrench LOL Any input would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
922 Posts
i take out the fender well and it makes it super easy to get to the bolts and easy to get to the valve cover bolts. thats just what i do. i wanted to make a tool to make that easier but i dont have the time nor the money and im only 20 so idk how many would buy from a 20 year old haha

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
yes, its made by GearWrench... let me find a picture

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts

its like $30 @ Sears... Matco makes one, but its smaller and its hard enough to break them loose with this one... It works wonder on E series also... great tool

·
Registered
922 Posts
is there enough room for that tool between the a/c box though?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is. I was looking at this set on a Matco truck when I was at work one day. There is a guy that works for ford that has some kind of special tool he made or bought for working on these. I sure would like to find it.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
#### yea it fits.... its perfect tool. even with the old rails, it comes with 8mm that fits perfect....

I hope you guys are using 12mm ratcheting flexhead wrench on valve cove bolts

the tool is tiny, fit in palm of your hand.... Dont buy the Matco one though... I couldnt even break the bolts loose... and I'm a BAMF

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have a whole set of ratchet wrenches...Do you have a link for the tool at sears? I might buy it for when I put injectors in next week sometime.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
just google or amazon GearWrench Microdriver

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I wont even click the link.. buy the ******** microdriver... it has many uses

·
Registered
772 Posts
the gear wrench is great to have. I use mine a few times a day for just about everything.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I figure next week when I drive by sears Illl pick one up.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Zach, Id look for the 12mm shorty wrench for your valve covers as well makes life easier as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts