Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a 05 6.0... EGR cooler took a crap about a year ago and i installed the delete kit but did not replace the oil cooler. The truck periodically overheats and has since then but it would only overheat for a couple seconds then shoot back down. Its getting worse now and my question is would the oil cooler have anything to do with this? That EGR cooler gets ruined from a plugged Oil Cooler right? Not my truck or everything would have been replaced then. But any ideas let me know please thanks

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Hey got a 05 6.0... EGR cooler took a crap about a year ago and i installed the delete kit but did not replace the oil cooler. The truck periodically overheats and has since then but it would only overheat for a couple seconds then shoot back down. Its getting worse now and my question is would the oil cooler have anything to do with this? That EGR cooler gets ruined from a plugged Oil Cooler right? Not my truck or everything would have been replaced then. But any ideas let me know please thanks
you need to monitor ect temp v eot temp,while the over heating is taking place. also grab a new ford cap for the cooling bottle. i say this because i doubt you have anything to pressure test the cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts