Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody running 05 and up 6.0s on either of these fuels looking to upgrade from my 7.3 to one. i know somebody is going to say thats not an upgrade but want a 4 door and nice 7.3s are hard to find sometimes. my 7.3 love wvo but never tryed wmo but would like to as an option as my dad has a auto repair shop where i can get as much as i want. Thanks Brad

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have seen 3 or 4 on forums doing it so far. I have my stuff in transit from pabiodiesel and am going to be burning wmo in my 06 in the very near future.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are many running WVO in a 6.0. There are 4 guys that I can think of that run Vegistroke in a 6.0. I'm sure there is guys running WMO in the 6.0 but not much history on that. You are taking your chances with that.

Are you looking to blend or heat it in a 2 tank system?

And I am one of those guys. I would take a 7.3 over a 6.0 any day. I would spend the extra time to find a 7.3.

·
Banned
493 Posts
If you are planning on blending, then I see no reason why 20-30% gasoline blend with waste oil would not work on any diesel engine. But, the temperamental ones should get more gasoline, not less.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you are planning on blending, then I see no reason why 20-30% gasoline blend with waste oil would not work on any diesel engine. But, the temperamental ones should get more gasoline, not less.

30% RUG in a 6.0!!! Actually in any diesel!!! :eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll be blending

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
30% RUG in a 6.0!!! Actually in any diesel!!! :eek:
But, then you are not a blender.
RUG. I'll start at 20% and adjust up or down from there.
Sounds like a wise choice. Do keep in mind that adding gasoline to waste oil causes precipitates to form, so you will want to blend first to take advantage of removing contaminants in your waste oil by just adding gasoline. Then let the blend settle for about 24-48 hours, to allow those precipitates to settle out of solution. Then drain the sludge, then filter.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I and a few others are running vegistrokes on ours. Mine is an 06, and I have at least one other close buddy running it in his 06 as well. The 7.3 and 6.0 fuel systems are very similar, they are two of the best diesels IMO to convert to run on WVO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts