Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm getting ready for another oil change this last one I used 15-40 motor craft oil with 2 bottles of rev x it worked awesome until about 1300 miles into the oil and sounds a like it did before not smooth I got this truck used and was not taken care of like it should have been I have did both the fuel filters already and looking for the best oil to use I have been searching for about two hours online but the threads I keep seeing are old and wanted to see what new and helpful info I can get from you guys I thought about shaffers oil because there is a shaffers oil store in town but would like to see what everybody has to say so plz help me out

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
5w40 T6 seems to be everyone's choice I like AR9100 for the additive over rev x. It less expensive and it does work. It's made by archoil. The T6 is syntetic and will mix with any remaining oil in your crankcase. The rough idle, cold start, misfire is stiction in your injectors it's a problem every 6.0 will face at some time. The ar9100 will help if not solve your problems if the injectors are not too far gone.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Btw if your injectors are in need of repair/ rebuild Warren has new technology that will eliminate stiction issues. A set of upgraded 175/75 injectors will run you $1650.00 they will add about 75rwhp

·
Registered
752 Posts
^^whs. go to warrens for rebuilds or repairs or upgrades. They have new solenoids to help eliminate stiction issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
D66stroke
418 Posts
What they both said ^^^

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So t6 is the best oil to run? i don't think my injectors are bad the truck starts a little ruff not to bad but with In a min it will smooth it self out

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
T6 is better for used injectors. The Modified Solenoids that Warren sells are able to be ran with 15-40 though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had been using Rotella T6, and tried Mobile 1 TDT on my last change. The Mobile 1 seems no different except with extremely cold starts. The T6 seemed better when starting in the 0 or slightly above cold weather. Butt dyno makes it seem like the T6 thickens up less in the extreme cold than TDT. I'll be going back to T6 next time around.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had been using Rotella T6, and tried Mobile 1 TDT on my last change. The Mobile 1 seems no different except with extremely cold starts. The T6 seemed better when starting in the 0 or slightly above cold weather. Butt dyno makes it seem like the T6 thickens up less in the extreme cold than TDT. I'll be going back to T6 next time around.
Dang I literally just bought Mobil 1 to try out. Hope its alright for me here in cali it hardly gets below 30* and it probably wont for the rest of this year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine still starts right up at 30 degrees and I know it does not have the best fuel injectors. It only seems to struggle more when it gets around 0. Otherwise I couldn't tell any difference so far. I'm sure you'll be all good.

It's such a minor thing but I also like the T6 jug design better than TDT, it pours easier / runs down the container less. I have to pour slow with the van waiting on the oil to run down the fill tube, so this makes a difference for me. haha

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
T6 and archoil9100. Only way to go

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13