Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 Oil Cooler Delete Kit anyone have any INFO on this

19K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Boo92378 
#1 ·
hey guys i was on pure diesel power website and came across this oil cooler delte kit and i was wondering if that is something that needs to be looked into and considered on the 6.0. And just after christmas on the 27th i am haveing a FCDP egr delete kit installed and if this is something that needs to be considered then i would think it would be easier to go ahead and do while the FCDP egr delete kit is being installed.

Any information you guys have on one of these please let me know

03-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Oil Cooler

#4 ·
well i just checked out the bullet proof one its $1900 but its a oil cooler kit and not a oil cooler delete kit like the one i have found is suppose to be i also have a email into the pure diesel power guys to see what they can tell me about it since it is a product on thier web site they should be able to tell me everything about it, but i do want your guys info on it to on what you guys think and suggest

#7 ·
I have installed remote oil coolers with remote filters that work great works great. They are commonly used on trucks that have compound turbos, makes piping easier. I have had a truck on the dyno with one installed and after 5 runs the oil temp was 180 degrees.

I do not have any pictures of the under side of the plate, the cooler mount, or the remote filter.

#15 ·
Cause its got a universal drivers side valve cover on it. Econolines have the oil fill in the drivers side valve cover. If its in an F-Series then its a remanufactured engine since they don't know what vehicle it will be going in.

Things you look for in used vehicles.

#24 ·
hey guys i was on pure diesel power website and came across this oil cooler delte kit and i was wondering if that is something that needs to be looked into and considered on the 6.0. And just after christmas on the 27th i am haveing a FCDP egr delete kit installed and if this is something that needs to be considered then i would think it would be easier to go ahead and do while the FCDP egr delete kit is being installed.

Any information you guys have on one of these please let me know

03-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Oil Cooler
I have a full on oil cooler delete kit in my early 04 egr egr cooler.. oil temps went from low to mid 200 degrees down to 190 pulling or towing 205 degrees... bpd kit wasn’t cheap but works great install wasn’t all that bed.. the coolant temps went down a bit too stays around 195 200 in stuck traffic Or towing.. keep in mind tho the truck was built to have 180 min oil temp If not it will have a few quirks here and there so I found out hard way...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.