Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Cause its got a universal drivers side valve cover on it. Econolines have the oil fill in the drivers side valve cover. If its in an F-Series then its a remanufactured engine since they don't know what vehicle it will be going in.

Things you look for in used vehicles.
My '03 has that type of valve cover and its the original engine. I figured they used the same valve covers on both sides on all of them.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
My '03 has that type of valve cover and its the original engine. I figured they used the same valve covers on both sides on all of them.
Interesting. I wonder if on the original 03s they started with that and then phased it out. Since after 03 they changed the passenger valve cover and crankcase breather. Which is why the 03 ficm braket is different. Where the old one had the isolators on the ficm and the new has the isolators on the bracket.

However. Every reman I have seen comes with the universal valve cover for that reason. Unless it was originally an econoline engine.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'll bet they changed it when they changed the CCV, because mine has the original style, single hole CCV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys i was on pure diesel power website and came across this oil cooler delte kit and i was wondering if that is something that needs to be looked into and considered on the 6.0. And just after christmas on the 27th i am haveing a FCDP egr delete kit installed and if this is something that needs to be considered then i would think it would be easier to go ahead and do while the FCDP egr delete kit is being installed.

Any information you guys have on one of these please let me know

03-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Oil Cooler
I have a full on oil cooler delete kit in my early 04 egr egr cooler.. oil temps went from low to mid 200 degrees down to 190 pulling or towing 205 degrees... bpd kit wasn’t cheap but works great install wasn’t all that bed.. the coolant temps went down a bit too stays around 195 200 in stuck traffic Or towing.. keep in mind tho the truck was built to have 180 min oil temp If not it will have a few quirks here and there so I found out hard way...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts